Withdraw from UTS to Macquarie uni (1 Viewer)

honsaw

HSC
N/A
I have completed my Accounting Diploma at tafe last semester. Now i'm at UTS studying Bachelor of Business
and thinking of withdrawing from UTS to go to Macquarie. The reason why is because i think Macquarie gives more exemptions as UTS i only got 5 subject exempted.. all though i have to confirm. I only have a few days to think about this before i pay my tuition fee which is due before 20th march.

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Well too late now to transfer to Macquarie, don't think you can do it until next year.

honsaw

HSC
N/A
I completed my tafe diploma last semester and now i'm at UTS for only like 3 weeks now...

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
I don't think so, external transfers are done via uac and usually done at the end of the year.

It's just 2.5 years stop worrying. 1.5 by the end of this year.

honsaw

HSC
N/A
Just wondering is Macquarie more lenient in assignments and exams? why are the subjects different from UTS Business?

Last edited:

VIPPER

Aiiiiiiiii
HSC
Yeah Macquarie offers roughly 1 yr of credit for Diploma (Accounting) and 1.5 years for AdvDip. I hear its BCom course is much more rigorous than UTS though.

<awaits flaming from UTSers>

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
^ Strange because Tax Law and Business Law are required units for an Accounting Major. I think it may be under a different unit name. I heard the assessments at MQ is somewhat more difficult than UTS. Stick it out at UTS for a bit and transfer at the end of the year if you think it is best.

honsaw

HSC
N/A
^ Strange because Tax Law and Business Law are required units for an Accounting Major. I think it may be under a different unit name. I heard the assessments at MQ is somewhat more difficult than UTS. Stick it out at UTS for a bit and transfer at the end of the year if you think it is best.
In what way are the assessments more difficult? what about exams?

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
In what way are the assessments more difficult? what about exams?
Heard they (MQ) have quizzes every few weeks, but I believe that is a good thing because it keeps you up and running (study wise) - someone correct me but a friend told me this over a year ago. As for UTS, some units you get tutorial participation, individual assessments (case studies), mid semester exams and a final exam (assessment varies across the units).

I think the only major difference between MQ and UTS is that one degree is called B Commerce whereas the other is B Business - that being said, I have friends going to both those universities and to me they are equally as impressive.

Last edited:

Gangstar1

HSC
Heard they (MQ) have quizzes every few weeks, but I believe that is a good thing because it keeps you up and running (study wise) - someone correct me but a friend told me this over a year ago. As for UTS, some units you get tutorial participation, individual assessments (case studies), mid semester exams and a final exam (assessment varies across the units).

I think the only major difference between MQ and UTS is that one degree is called B Commerce whereas the other is B Business - that being said, I have friends going to both those universities and to me they are equally as impressive.
yer MQ has quizzes every week but its only 10 mc lol but yer i kinda like macq more because the campus is bigger =)

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
You can't make those kinds of generalisations. Every unit is going to be set up differently. Some might have a mid semester exam and others might not. It just depends.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)