Witness Essay Urgent Need Help!!! (1 Viewer)

delz

HSC
Really Need Help Have Essay Due Tomorrow And Cant Get A 150 Word Introduction, I Cant Do Introductions Please Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

" The Board Of Studies Has Requested A Report That Outlines The Effectiveness Of The Film Witness And How Well It Employs Film Techniques In Conveying Meaning And Presenting Ideas To The Audience"

We Have To Answer It By Using 2 Scenes I Was Thinking Of The Last Like Confrontation Scene With Book, Fergie , Mcfee And Schaeffer And The One Where Eli Talks To Sammuel About The Gun, Plz Some 1 Help Me With My Intro Having Sooo Much Trouble

craz

HSC
" The Board Of Studies Has Requested A Report That Outlines The Effectiveness Of The Film Witness And How Well It Employs Film Techniques In Conveying Meaning And Presenting Ideas To The Audience"

I have a feeling your essay has either had to be handed in by now. Anyways here are some thoughts of mine:

Effectiveness of the Film:

Through camera shots: i.e. the diffeent camera angles when Samuel sees the cop getting shot.

Costume: The difference between the casual business clothes of the Western World compared to the plain, black costumes of the Amish.

It presents ideas to the audience through symbolism. For instance, where Book shows Samuel how to work the gun. The Western world see the need for the gun..because there is so much violence. Then Eli talking to Samuel about how bad a gun is and how it can hurt people..Amish way of maintaining peace.

Camera angle: of McPhee, Fergie and Schaeffer loading up...maintains violence of Western world intruding on the Amish peaceful world.

the use of the place where the rice comes out...(can't remember what the name of the place is you get the idea!) How Book comes to understand the Amish way...i.e. the rice falling quickly onto Fergie.

I would discuss themes, effectiveness and film techniques but remember in the intro try to keep it short.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)