Wolf Creek (1 Viewer)

sparkl3z

HSC
N/A
i didnt like it.....it's rated R like wtf..it's got nothing to do with R, wasnt even scary

johnny_87

HSC
hiphophooray123 - looks like she followed your advice! lol

Reshie

LilRed Spikey Haired Man
HSC
saw the movie last week really was sick and disturbing kinda weird there were only 3 people(my friends and myself) and a guy maybe it was a wednesday arvo??:S
but i did want to walk off the movie in a small scene

icecreamdisco

HSC
miaomiao said:
Just saw this and hated it... because it was so gory and realistic. Ppl who say they weren't scared or at least abit disturbed by this movie are either lying or have just been numbed to violence by other films. Still, most other gory films with R ratings are American and therefore don't really hit hime with me/ us... this film did... I could really oicture myself in those victims situations and that freaked the crap out of me.
jesus, what were you expecting?

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
i thought it was a deeply disturbing movie...definately one of the more affecting films i have seen. the scenes were so vivid, even the non violent ones, and as a viewer you felt like you were really there. its hard to explain why i was so shocked because im usually alright with gore, but this was beyond gore and into the gratuitous. but i guess that is to be expected from a horror film.

i had nightmares. and i NEVER have nightmares ever, even after real-life encounters with the horrific...

jaNetix

i thought it was a piece of crap, the only thing that gets to you is that these things have happened...3 of us left saying "never do a Oz roadtrip"
head on a stick was the worst

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
I saw this, and it was deeply creepy and disturbing.

All the people that say "wtf? It wasn't scary!" are probably used to the typical american slasher films, where you get scared when the music "jumps" and someone pops up from the shadows etc. Wolf creek is different in the sense that it makes you think, like "shit, this could really happen"

X

xeuyrawp

crazyhomo said:
this movie was hella cool. "head on a stick" was the best death ever. also loved the guy who stopped to help

the best thing about this movie was the victims never did anything incredibly stupid. not once did i feel like yelling at the screen "OMG ARE YOU A FUCKING MORON! DONT DO THAT!"
Head on a stick was so nasty... I came back home after seeing that movie and saw footage of the Falconio case; the real bad guy (name eludes me) looks at the media camera. Serious chills down my spine...

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
i think the scariest part about the film was the spot on aussie characterisation of the villain from the very beginning. he was so real.

banana_monkey

Better than you
HSC
Based on how many people he was meant to have killed (when the girl goes through all his victims personal items), it would be highly unlikely anything remotely like the movie would ever happen. With so many people mysteriously "disappearing" when going to Wolf Creek(or the surrouding area, since he takes his victims back to his hideout), I think he'd have the police on his ass quite quick. It's a movie kids, not real life. And there was plently of stupid parts. Like the male character. He was gay. And the fact the girls could have cut the mans throat with the knife he dropped beside himself when he was knocked out. BUT NO, RUN AWAY IN FEAR. The R rating was pretty lame as well. It's not that violent. Overall, an OK movie. Not great, but not really bad either, like some Australian movies.

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
banana_monkey said:
Based on how many people he was meant to have killed (when the girl goes through all his victims personal items), it would be highly unlikely anything remotely like the movie would ever happen.
/points to ivan milat

icecreamdisco

HSC
the bit when she looks into the video camera playback and sees the guy playing with the family and the little girl creeped me out the most. i usually hate scenes in horror films when the victims waste time lingering over mementos their killer has collected, but that bit was really effective. i also liked the way there were no false-alarm jump scenes for the first hour. everything and everyone they encounter was so foreboding, but not in an obvious way. the scenes like when they meet the biker gang at the bar just heighten their vulnerability and increase the sense of dread.

i also think the fact that the film's been hyped up as a major bloodbath when a lot of the violence is implied is a testament to how genuinely scary and well-made it is. it really left me in a daze after i saw it. great film.

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
icecreamdisco said:
the bit when she looks into the video camera playback and sees the guy playing with the family and the little girl creeped me out the most. i usually hate scenes in horror films when the victims waste time lingering over mementos their killer has collected, but that bit was really effective. i also liked the way there were no false-alarm jump scenes for the first hour. everything and everyone they encounter was so foreboding, but not in an obvious way. the scenes like when they meet the biker gang at the bar just heighten their vulnerability and increase the sense of dread.

i also think the fact that the film's been hyped up as a major bloodbath when a lot of the violence is implied is a testament to how genuinely scary and well-made it is. it really left me in a daze after i saw it. great film.
very well put. do you do film study at uni, or are you just a film geek?

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
icecreamdisco said:
film geek/aspiring screenwriter. i used to write reviews for Filmink.
how excellent. i do love that mag, but i have to say i love empire more.

the falconio case is tomorrow isnt it? thats interesting timing for Wolf Creek's release...

Pierotte

HSC
... honestly it did nothing for me

The only bits that genuinely frightened me were when the killer stared at the guy for like 10 seconds after the "thats not a knife..." comment.

and ...actually thats it.

I found it predictable, which was sad.

i dont believe it was worth the R rating and i didnt see any bits that were "walk out" worthy at all.

As for whoever said the whole the characters didnt act stupid thing, well i beg to differ.
they annoyed the fuck out of me. Who stays for several minutes to look at a video and pushes their mode of transport over a cliff for a quick distraction.
HELLO

and and with the crucifiction bit AS IF u wouldnt use a better nail...

i didnt understand the motivations of the killer at all, i didnt really get to see his evil side. Its just... so.. oh i dont know. The dog thing.. wtf... it just seemed so OTT.

it left me ridiculously underwhelmed, especially after all the great things i had heard about it.

I also didnt think it subtle nor shocking, there was too much shown for it to be psychological, but too little for it to be terrifying.

I actually found the first half more amusing than the second half, once the killer came onto the scene it just went down hill.

As for the little brachtian display of information towards the end... well saying they never found any traces of the events bugged me,
its like oh well good job at making it all up... thanks for reminding me this isnt real..
why put that in and wreck the realism which is the only thing this film had going for it.

So many things in this film just sat wrong, i though it poor.

I dont understand the hype surrounding this film.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)