• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Wollongong college or SIBT,help needed ungently! (1 Viewer)

hitman23

HSC
hi,i'm a overseas student.i got a offer from WCA for diploma of business & also got a offer from SIBT for diploma of commerce.so the problem is i'm unable to decide whether i should go to SIBT OR WCA? actually, tuition fee is much lower in WCA as i got a 4000aud$ scholarship..but i heard wollongong is a kind of remote area? & it's really hard to find a part time job there,so for work u gotta come to sydney? are these true? on the otherhand,i heard sibt is much harder studyewise..compared to wca? so,what i wana kne is which place would be easier to survive in as i'm a avg student?also a better place for living & better for getting a part time job ?
people help me! bcoz i need to make the decision fast!

jackmurray1989

Mr Mature
HSC
Wollongong is a nice area and you can get jobs. Apparently WCA isn't too stressful either. I can't tell you anything about SIBT.

HSC
Wollongong isn't that great for part time jobs at all (compared to say Sydney anyway). Apart from that Wollongong is not that remote, its a regional centre only 90 minutes by train to Sydney and you have everything you need in Wollongong anyway.

I've never heard of SIBT so can't help you there.

aileenli

HSC
SIBT is the alternative pathway to Macquarie University - You'll fit in with all the other international students.
Not that I believe we need any more international students, but I see the need for them to be subsidising my education.

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
jackmurray1989 said:
Obviously not with that negative attitude.
Wollongong has terrifically high youth unemployment.

And most of the people I know have a lot of trouble getting jobs. I've been looking for ages, they get huges numbers of applicants for relatively few jobs.

Anyway, I hear the college isn't too bad, but no idea about SIBT, sorry.

hitman23

HSC
watatank said:
I've never heard of SIBT so can't help you there.
well...SIBT stands for Sydney Institute of Business & Technology..which provides pathway courses to Macquarie University.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)