• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Woman has political views (1 Viewer)

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
_dhj_ said:
Why aren't women replying to this thread? What happened to battle of the sexes? :(
My reply, reading the OP was "fucking feminazi's ruining it for normal women who don't hate men". Seriously.

Huurrrr creating a party that aims to represent only part of the population is a really good idea, hurrr.

_dhj_

-_-
HSC
Josie said:
Huurrrr creating a party that aims to represent only part of the population is a really good idea, hurrr.
Every party does that though. Libs - business, Labor - workers, Greens - greenies, etc. Every party attempts to better the relative economic, social and political position of the specific group they represent, at the expense of worsening the position of other groups. If women were smart they would get behind a feminazi party to further their agenda, for they make up the majority of the population. Too bad they aren't smart.

Last edited:

Gilbert1

Humoures Pun
HSC
The party is a stupid idea IMO. why? because it automatically excludes half of the Australian population

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
_dhj_ said:
Every party does that though. Libs - business, Labor - workers, Greens - greenies, etc. Every party attempts to better the relative economic, social and political position of the specific group they represent, at the expense of worsening the position of other groups. If women were smart they would get behind a feminazi party to further their agenda, for they make up the majority of the population. Too bad they aren't smart.
Yeah, but most of those parties also try and pretend they appeal to everyone ( see John Howard's Aussie Battlers), blatantly saying "sorry, we're going to ignore half of the population" and then banking on the half of the population you *do* represent to agree with all of your policies and then vote for you...

A feminazi party to further our agenda? I'm sorry, I'd rather vote for the Liberals.

L

LaraB

iamsickofyear12 said:
Women should not get paid maternity leave and childcare should be determined by market forces. If you want to have a child you should pay for it, not your employer and not the government.
I don't agree with employers being forced to have sole responsibility but they should have some - it should be split amongst employer, government and individual.

If you want a population to continue to be sustained, you cannot expect individuals to fund children on their own.

People are happy to have government supported pensioner-related-plans because of this logic that they've worked hard for the country and blah blah blah so they deserve to be taken care of - why then can't that logic be transferred to issues relating to children? The country would be fucked without children just as it would have been had those pensioners not existed and done everything they have done.

You're more or less punishing "non-bogans" by not allowing sufficient assistance to enable women to feel comfortable having kids and working and you're punishing those who do not live off a wealthy partner. I know a lot of women who work who are not sure if they want to have kids because they don't want to risk their career or end up having kids that never see them.... But at the same time, plenty of people who quite honestly shouldn't be having kids are happy to because they have nothing else to worry about in the way of work or study and the like.

But back to the main issue - that political party is a bad idea. When you start a party based on gender or another particular characteristic, people don't take you seriously and you end up having a pretty narrow view. Even as a female who doesn't agree with mainstream politics on maternity leave and child care issues and the like (which people need to remember, is not a "women's issue" as everyone infers... its is a "parents' issue") i would never vote for this kind of party. Would be a wasted vote IMO since it's not going to change the way things are.

Last edited by a moderator:
L

LaraB

Gilbert1 said:
The party is a stupid idea IMO. why? because it automatically excludes half of the Australian population
lol you could see the Liberal Party or ALP or Family First or a lot of others the same way...

Most political parties exclude chunks of the population - homosexuals, immigrants, anti-war people, agnostics/atheists etc etc.

lol my favourite is the Australians against further immigration party lol - I love being handed how to vote cards from people essentially saying half my family shouldn't be here :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)