Woman jumps from sixth floor (1 Viewer)

froggy_chik87

HSC
hey, not sure if this has been said, but, a woman, aged 35, last night at approximatly 6.30pm jumped from the sixth floor escalator, outside hoyts box office in, westfield chatswood last night...and fell onto a 42 year old woman...both are now in a critical condition in sydney's royal north shore hospital...who underwent emergency surgery last night! westfield was evacuated for two hours, while police checked for finger prints and what not, but re-opened approximatly 8pm...

HOW CRAZY IS THAT!!

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
if that woman attempted suicide, she is a bitch for not looking and trying to avoid other people.

froggy_chik87

HSC
yea, i know, but the problem with the exact part that she jumped off is that, there may be no one there one minute and then a sec later there is...because it was just outside the coles entrance, so people would have been walking in and out constantly...why couldn't she just go do it where no one was...if life was that bad for her...she shouldn't have endangered anothers life aswell...

we had a journalist asking us about it today...

Gummy_bear

HSC
Wow, thats horrible, i was only at chatwood on friday..
The thing with chatswood is, well, when i was there, there are ppl everywhere! its not the "no one there one minute and then a sec later there is" but more, there is just everyone everywhere, its like a damn sardine run where there is no space for anyone.
But, i was there from 12 till about 2, so it might of been busier then.
That was my first time at chatswood (im sheltered i know) and i couldnt believe how fricken high it was, i could hardly stand going on the escelators, im so afraid of hights. And the people! being from the central coast, im used to just lazily walking and not having to borhter about getting out of peoples way, but chatswood was packed, i was dodging and sweerving every second. i dont know how ill survive if i have to move to sydney for uni.

But yes, back onto the topic at hand, i also think that if she had to, she could of definately found a way of killing herself that wouldnt endanger others. but, perhaps, she wanted to be remembered? i remember someone once saying, that you dont exist unless there is someone to remember you...

froggy_chik87

HSC
Anti-Mathmite said:
I thought that both women fell off at roughly the same time.. The women on the ground probably saved her life.
one woman jumped to attempt suicide...and landed on another, who was probably going into or coming out of coles...there was only one woman who jumped...not two

the incident happened at 6.30pm, so coles and hoyts are the only things opened at that time of night inside westfield...

there was speculation that the lady was pushed or just fell, but the part where she jumped from the glass goes up past your rib cage...and there is video footage of it!!

and i don't know who moved this thread from news, current affairs & politics...but its definatly not light and offbeat news!!

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A
froggy_chik87 said:
and i don't know who moved this thread from news, current affairs & politics...but its definatly not light and offbeat news!!
I did - and yes it does belong here. I think you misunderstand the point of this area. This subforum is not "news that is both light and offbeat." It is light news and/or offbeat news.

For the purposes of categorisation, this is offbeat.

froggy_chik87

HSC
Gummy_bear said:
But, i was there from 12 till about 2, so it might of been busier then. That was my first time at chatswood (im sheltered i know) and i couldnt believe how fricken high it was, i could hardly stand going on the escelators, im so afraid of hights. And the people! being from the central coast, im used to just lazily walking and not having to borhter about getting out of peoples way, but chatswood was packed, i was dodging and sweerving every second. i dont know how ill survive if i have to move to sydney for uni.
yes, at the times of 12-2 are the peak hours of the day, for the actual shopping complex, but at the times of 6.30 is peak hour for movies, and therefore there were many families around when the incident happened!! you also have to remember at that time of the day, coles is normally packed...so, its almost lucky that more people weren't involved...

cate_7x

HSC
I think it's awful that this woman who was probably just doing her shopping is now in a serious condition because someone else didn't think about the consequences of her actions. I do feel sorry for the woman who jumped but really, common sense tells you that people would be around and it just seems very foolish.

X

xeuyrawp

I only just read this then, and I looked in my diary and would have actually been in Chatswood library at this time... Spooky.

I think the glass in the said area is too high for it to be an accident. It comes up to about my chest, and I'm pretty tall.

I think that the woman really should be charged and what-not for what she did, too. She could have killed the lady that she landed on.

cate_7x

HSC
PwarYuex said:
I only just read this then, and I looked in my diary and would have actually been in Chatswood library at this time... Spooky.

I think the glass in the said area is too high for it to be an accident. It comes up to about my chest, and I'm pretty tall.

I think that the woman really should be charged and what-not for what she did, too. She could have killed the lady that she landed on.
Couldn't agree more PwarYuex - I think that the lady who was hurt should get some sort of compensation. It's so stupid.

alayenay

HSC
PwarYuex said:

I understand where you're coming from but the woman was ATTEMPTING SUICIDE! How can you treat her like a rational person or think to punish her like one? Come off it.

cate_7x

HSC
alayenay said:
I understand where you're coming from but the woman was ATTEMPTING SUICIDE! How can you treat her like a rational person or think to punish her like one? Come off it.

Ok sure, we can take that into account. But another person is in a critical condition because of what she did - there isn't just one way of attempting suicide.

X

xeuyrawp

alayenay said:
Are you serious?

'Your Honour, Mr Yuex here was trying to commit suicide. The fact that he robbed several banks, held up the clerks and raped them is negligable and irrelevant. Come off it, you old dog.'

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
alayenay said:
lost of rational thought is one of the risk factors of suicide

but there are alot of ppl with suicide risks like attempting suicide or completed suicide that can be rational..

froggy_chik87

HSC
not too sure if this is true, but i heard that the lady who was landed on actually died the other day...but havent heard any reports confirming this...

it was a definat suicide attempt...all of our hoyts staff who were on that night had to be counsillin...and one of them saw her climb over the railing...this lady may have been trying to commit suicide...but i'd have no problem charging her...she hurt an innocent women!!

if it were up to me...she'd be in a mental institution or locked up in prison for many many yrs!!

CoffeeBeans

is bored
HSC
i heard about this...

the husband that was holding the wifes hand below fainted right after he saw what happened ... i feel sorry for the guy

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)