Women's £31,000 shoe bill! (1 Viewer)

HSC
The Daily Mail said:
Women's £31,000 shoe bill!
The average British woman spends more than £31,000 on shoes during her lifetime, according to staggering new research.
Around 44 per cent of women say shoes are their biggest weakness when they are out shopping, with 86 per cent of people claiming to buy at least one new pair a month, according to Churchill Home Insurance.
A third of women say they have 25 pairs of shoes in their wardrobe, and around 1.3 million women claim to have well over 30 pairs.
The group claims the average women starts shopping for her own clothes at the age of 14, and if she spends an average of £40 a month on shoes each month she will have bought £31,680 worth of footwear by the time she is 80.
Matching accessories
At the same time it claims women spend around £15,840 on accessories such as handbags and jewellery during their lifetime.
Six out of 10 women say they currently own 10 handbags and 3 per cent have more than 25 different ones, while 80 per cent of women have at least 10 belts.
Overall 42 per cent of women admit they regularly splash out on accessories they don't really need.
Unsurprisingly, one in five women say they hide their purchases from their partner, while 22 per cent lie about how much they have spent.
Source: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/standard/article.html?in_article_id=356258&in_page_id=1685

I've figured out that £31,000 = $72, 015.55 AUD
That's a pretty penny which you could buy lots of interesting and useful things.
But at the same time, i'd like to declare to the world that i am happy because i do not have a personality disorder.
I'm not quite sure what the point of this thread is, but it'll eventually reveal itself.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Stop using other women's experiences to rationalise your dangerously expensive shoe habit Rei.

LadyBec

KISSmeCHASY
HSC
mmmmmm shoes......
I have to say that handbags are my thing though. Especically hello kitty ones, some of the limited edition 30th aniversery ones are soooo cute. *saves money for bag* :D

HSC
SuGa BunI =D said:
ony 72thousands???
Yeah... well... it's not so much when you think about it.

Let's presume you're going to live for 80 years.
That's less than $1000 every year which is a bloody tragedy at 3-4 pairs of shoes.

I think that the figures are wrong and undervalued. So many girls i know own >50 pairs of shoes, and they're not even 20.

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
I have my trusty boots! I need new shoes though, having boot feet 24/7 isn't particularly pleasant.

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
shit i feel bad
of all the things i own i have the most pairs of shoes
probably about..20-30..? pairs..and i only wear 5 out of them all
some are still brand new and never been worn
by the end of my life time i dont want to know much much i would have spent..im ashamed
i should go sort em out and give to charity

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
Asquithian said:
Girls. Feet obsession. I mean guys don't care what colour your shoes are!

Think of all those African kids you could feed with our over consumption overly expensive shoes!
Live 8 x 2.

Bob Geldoff says "send your unused shoes to Africa, women of the Western World. One shoe can feed a whole family for a week, so please give generously".

HSC
Asquithian said:
Girls. Feet obsession. I mean guys don't care what colour your shoes are!

Think of all those African kids you could feed with our over consumption overly expensive shoes!
Guys might not care what colour shoes you're wearing, but chances are they'll notice how stumpy your legs look when you suddenly stop wearing heels.

And $300US isn't overly expensive :p

LadyBec

KISSmeCHASY
HSC
whiterabbit said:
Guys might not care what colour shoes you're wearing, but chances are they'll notice how stumpy your legs look when you suddenly stop wearing heels.

And $300US isn't overly expensive :p
excatly, and I dont know about the rest of you, but I need all the extra hight I can possibly get...

Serious Performance
HSC
N/A
LadyBec said:
excatly, and I dont know about the rest of you, but I need all the extra hight I can possibly get...
Then go walk on stilts :eek:

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
whiterabbit said:
Yeah... well... it's not so much when you think about it.

Let's presume you're going to live for 80 years.
That's less than $1000 every year which is a bloody tragedy at 3-4 pairs of shoes.

I think that the figures are wrong and undervalued. So many girls i know own >50 pairs of shoes, and they're not even 20.
how is $1000 3-4 pairs of shoes :/

HSC
Guys just don't understand.

No matter how metro they are, they'll never understand.
We need shoes. Accumulating shoes is like eating food. We'll die if we dont eat.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
SuGa BunI =D said:
women = shoes fetish

men dont understand :( pair of shoe ither make or break the outfit :D
Yes but unless you're a lesbian it won't matter because the guys perving on you will not care.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)