Wonderland Excursion! (1 Viewer)

CHUDYMASTER

Master of Chudy 'n' Curry
HSC
Soon my cohort will be travelling to wonderland for physics for the space topic. Has anyone been on a similar excursion to Wonderland? If so, what did you do as far as physics goes?

CHUDYMASTER

HSC
Naw..

Ours is on Nov 18th. I hope it'll be deserted. Is it normally empty on a school day?

kaseita

LOL the wonderland excursion was really fun
not really helpful physics wise. They just gave us a huge number of worksheets to do, and you just end up timing things, calculating basics like speed=dist x time
just go there and have fun...and either fudge or copy the answers off someone else :p
they rarely check it.

CHUDYMASTER

HSC
Wouldn't we...

Have to study projectile motion on the rides? And another thing, wouldn't it be hard to time such things when travelling at sub-light speeds?

Dumbarse

its to do with g forces, like on the loop of a rollar coaster, compared to how astronauts get g forces

the space probe uses eddy currents, but i dought youve done motors and generators so dont worry

BlackJack

Vertigo!
HSC
MANSW organises these things, I think... not very useful though... seriously.
Just enjoy, fill out a quarter of the sheets and copy of someone else.

kaseita

I'll give you an example of a question
"Time how long it takes to get from the bottom of space probe, to the top"
I'll always remember that one, cause I timed it, got to the top, looked up at the count down screen, and was shocked when it dropped that I let go of my stopwatch and had to grab it out of midair while I was dropping down :p
felt like I had a heart attack

CHUDYMASTER

HSC
Oh Oh..

Not the...Space Probe...

That doesn't sound like a physics question! surely there was more to it than just measuring the time it took to get up there...

kaseita

oh wait...

my worksheet dates back to march 28 2001
These are on yr11 physics! lol...that means yours will actually have something of substance in it! :D
have fun with it!

I think my brain has stopped time. I swear I went to wonderland sometime recently. aaargh! evil! evil hsc!

buttercup

the people at wonderland didnt have worksheets ready for us, and our teacher didnt make any either.. so we had a free day!

macca202

Originally posted by kaseita
I'll give you an example of a question
"Time how long it takes to get from the bottom of space probe, to the top"
I'll always remember that one, cause I timed it, got to the top, looked up at the count down screen, and was shocked when it dropped that I let go of my stopwatch and had to grab it out of midair while I was dropping down :p
felt like I had a heart attack
LOL :D

Basil84

hehe

our physics teacher just took us there to go on the rides, we never got given any sheets and didnt discuss any of it ever
he was the best teacher.. now its all over...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)