woodwork (1 Viewer)

Jono2468

HSC
Hi all
i am not sure where to post this as i am new to these forums, but i need some help in buying woodwork equipment for use at home. i have a budget of around ~$1000, and would like stuff similar to the baulko woodwork rooms.

i would require most hand tools and some power tools

any help would be appreciated

klitzy

HSC
So what sorta of help are you looking for? Suggestions for tools? Shops?
If you do woodwork at school, why not ask your teacher for suggestions?

From memory there's 2 tool shops on Victoria Avenue, Castle Hill. One's a power tool shop of some description and its on the corner of Victoria Ave and Carington Road (It's in a brownie coloured complex, next to Spotlight). There another up on the corner of Windsor Road (Yellow coloured complex, near the Toyota dealership) that also sells tools, but I heard something about it being closed down. I've never been into either shop so I don't know what they sell exactly, but you can go check them out.

I suppose I could give you some tools suggestions if you were starting up a workshop of yourself also.

theism

Resident Apologetic
HSC
Hi all
i am not sure where to post this as i am new to these forums, but i need some help in buying woodwork equipment for use at home. i have a budget of around ~$1000, and would like stuff similar to the baulko woodwork rooms.

i would require most hand tools and some power tools

any help would be appreciated
what sort of woodworking would you be doing?
cabinet making?
decorative wood peices, etc.?
pen turning?

klitzy

HSC
When buying tools look into 2nd hand ones off eBay or at garage sales. My grandfather got a great woodturning lathe for near nothing from Vinnies. And that other tool shop in Castle Hill is called Norwest Tool Shop and its in the yellow complex near the Toyota dealership. I saw their catalogue today....$1000 won't get you much if you're after power tools.

What tools do you already have?

Hand tools: Combination Square, a good set of chisels, mallet, claw hammer, marking gauge, no. 5 Stanley plane and spokeshave too, panel saw

Power tools: Plunge router+ bits, circular saw, biscuit jointer/cutter, lathe.

You COULD make tables/chairs with only hand tools, except if you wanted turned legs or a decorative edge. But the consistancy would be a little iffy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)