woolies interview (1 Viewer)

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
Originally posted by Rahul
the woolies at quakers court is a 3 minute walk from my house :p
I think the common theme in this thread is that Woolies is shit. Hmmm Rahul?

perfectionist

I M SpEcIaL....SpEcIaL...
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Rahul
i changed my profile and they contacted me within a week. i think maybe coz i have experience, i dunno?

thanks for all the input guys!
Yeah i just updated mine a week ago...so yeah:)

FadeToBlack

lonely sunday friend
HSC
Woolies is shit. :p

That's only because checkcouts are so insanely boring though, i dont know about the other areas of the store

Rahul

Dead Member
Originally posted by Loz#1
I think the common theme in this thread is that Woolies is shit. Hmmm Rahul?
i'd rather be the idiot working at woolies with some money, than the idiot at home 'doing uni work', and use that term very loosely.
what does that have to do with the fact that woolies at quakers court is 3 mins from my house....?
Originally posted by natstar
Ur lucky, it takes me about 20 to walk there from Nirimba. If i need to go there i take the shuttle bus there of a night, haha im lazy.
i never take the walk to the woolies either... :p

trekkie

HSC
Yeah im in produce and id have to say it is probably the best department, at our store anyway, but it does get really boring real quick if your on a long shift. But the easy way to solve that is just get trained in the deli or registers, i just got trained on registers and they express alert me all the time, it breaks the shift up and i get to talk to people! But in produce you can really muck around like out on the backdock without customers seeing and complaining, and you can eat and drink when ya want

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
Okay Rahul, I'll stop ruining your dream of working at Woolworths.

hk31

HSC
Originally posted by Loz#1
It's the devil! But seriously, everyone who works there hates it.
YOU ARE SO RIGHT!!
I QUIT TODAY!!!:D

it sucks so much...they treat u like crap too...and the manager @ Strathfield woolies is a FULL BITCH!:chainsaw:

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
lol, well it was ok today.

i got the job straight away. got a training day on saturday, but cant make that, gotta make it another day, hopefully.

working at glenwood woolies night fill. :D

perfectionist

I M SpEcIaL....SpEcIaL...
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by redruM

i got the job straight away. got a training day on saturday, but cant make that, gotta make it another day, hopefully.

Congrats :D

btw, u are Rahul rite? changed your nick?

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
Originally posted by hk31

it sucks so much...they treat u like crap too...and the manager @ Strathfield woolies is a FULL BITCH!:chainsaw:
All my managers have been bastards/bitches. I gave up on hoping someone nice would come. I quit 2 weeks ago :D

Ah well, congrats Rahul.

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
my supervisors are the best.. we have fun at work
ive worked in deli twice and bakery around 10 times.. they are both fun but i wouldnt want to work there all the time..
i have to work in variety once every couple of weeks.. its basically arranging the non food stuff to look nicer.. thats a nice bludge cuz no ones in charge of you
checkouts is shit at times.. but when its dead and uve got someone in ur register bay (they r back to back.. so u like share space with someone) and someone else facing you.. we have fun
i guess it just depends on ur experiences as to what you think of woolies
[edit] i thought i should include that ive been there since november 2001..

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
hey cro_angel, do you know the pay rates for night fill for woolies for 18 yr olds?
you get paid more after 8?

and also, how long is generally a night fill shift?

Last edited:

magg0t

HSC
What you need to do is prove you can do the work, then get a job stripping ends on a sunday night.

I used to work from 4pm Sunday to 4am Monday morn, stripping and building end displays..... until they threw me into Nfill management.

Sunday pay rates: 11am - 6pm (150%)
6pm - 8pm (175%)
8pm - 12am (200%)
12am - 4am (100%)

oh and in my store, nightfill shifts are generally 3 hours (8pm-11pm). Since PPT staff have to work min 10 hours a week, I usually roster them two shifts at 3.5 hours (19:30 - 23:00) and one shift of 3 hours (20:00 - 32:00). If they wanna work harder, they get more work if they want it, and more flexible hours.

Last edited:

magg0t

HSC
I remember the good old days when we had a really really long backdock with barely any stock in it. We'd go down aisle 6 and grab a triple pack of tennis balls and grab a garden shovel from aisle 9, and we'd set up wickets using the gas bottles for the forklift and play a big game of cricket every night.

Except the balls kept getting stuck up in the roof and we'd have to keep zeroing the SOH counts for 3pk balls. Then we got in trouble coz the Store Service Manager is a mouldy 70 year old bitch. But she'll be dead soon. yay

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)