woolies wages + probationary period (1 Viewer)

xoxo

HSC
hey i work at woolies part time and i just started...like a month ago...
anywayz wat i wanted to know was

- when you have ur little assessment things (3 - 7 - 11)...wat exactly happens? is it with the manager? does he watch u work and write down stuf??? i have no idea...

- after my 3 month probationary period my wage goes up doesnt it? coz at the moment i only get 7.6330 per hour...im 16 so does anyone know wat it goes up to? i tried looking on www.wagenet.gov.au but i didnt understand it lol

can anyone help plz?

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
for the assessments you are meant to sit down with your manager and talk about your progress so far at work, when i did it the boss said everything was fine and completed the form...depends on how much time the manager has to give you some pointers.

after the 3 months is up your pay does go up- try looking somewhere on this website http://www.sdansw.asn.au/Newsite/Html/about.html

its the union website which represents woolies employees

enva

HSC
N/A
Curious but is a persons 'scan rate' that important at woolworths?. I work for Bi-Lo and i scan at about 12-14 items, our lowest scanner has 8 items and the highest is at 17-20. I have watched people who scan at 15+ and they tend to be very bad packers, they just throw things into bags ( coles, bi-lo, woolworths ) which customers hate. For me id rather scan at a rate that allows me to pack the customers bags properly with similar items grouped together so its easier to lift and for the customer once they get home to unpack. So the 'scan rate' doesnt really show the ability of the employee, it only shows how fast they scan items

xoxo

HSC
hmm
im not sure
i think scan rate wood b important in that u arent taking forever to do it all but so that you do it efficiently yeh with a lil bit of speed...
iv never heard anyone mention it to me so far though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)