WOOT Maths Ext (1 Viewer)

DarkPrince_87

HSC
any one feeling as confident as me that they are gonna fail terribly.....i dont even understand questions up to 3 half the time, oh well im procrastinating, i really couldnt be bothered, if i can get a raw mark of 50% thats all im aiming for, anyone know how much this scaled up if it does at all? how much was it scaled up last year?

HSC
i dont do 3u but i know someone wh odid 3u last year they didnt finish the paper (did 3/4 of it) and ended betting band E3

DarkPrince_87

HSC
ok lol 3/4 if approximately just over the first 5 questions and deserves an E3...wonder how much she got correct tho...im aiming to get a raw mark of 50% i know its not terribly high but thats all i can do since im terrible at maths....although i do hope it gets scaled up a lil

sarahsid

well.. this tutor dude was telling us that if u can get a raw mark of 70% then it usually gets scaled to the 90's.. not sure about where 50% raw would get ya.. it may scale down.. probably not, but depending on how everyone else went, then.. i duno.. dont aim for 50% buddy.. aim high! 100% here i come! =P ahahha.. goodluck dark prince!

Gibbo69er

Poor Student
HSC
I'm so not ready for this test.

I still need to go over:
The harder binomial theorem stuff.
The Parabola
Permutations, Combinations and Further Probability (fairly easy)
Polynomials

:(. Ive gone over SHM and Mathematical Induction and Circle Geometry... god, im gonna fail it sooo bad.

DarkPrince_87

HSC
lol me getting a raw mark of 70% id unrealistic, although it depends how easy the paper is, i dont really understand much besides binomial, induction, probability, growth and decay questions and all other questions asked in 1 and 2.....i will be extatic if i get over 50% but i dont think its likely, and for the 70% if that gets in the 90's must meen heaps of ppl didnt get over that mark which means there should be heaps around the 50-70% range and ill be one of them...lol, newhom back to study for now i guess

DarkPrince_87

HSC
lol hey wait a second, if i were to get scaled down for 50% and someone that gets 70% gets scaled up to the high 90's.........this is about an 18 mark difference initially but once scaling occurs your saying it becomes around a 50% difference, there just to be something wrong with that theory

jessied

HSC
Maths ext... where to start!!!!!!!

Totally, screwed if its anything like the 2unit paper...

Aiming for 60% raw (that's what I got in the trial).. What do you reckon that will be scaled to?

Bronny_Mac

Oh yeah, totally stuffed.

I usually do weel in 2U, but after that test I foudn that my brain tends to freeze and foul up during maths exams.

For once I didn't finish early! Argh

So sooooooooooooooooooooo not looking forward to my exam in .... less than an hour

Gottta go to school

Good luck all!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)