Word Count (1 Viewer)

tez0r

Rawr?
HSC
Well it appears my insecurities have gotten a hold on me once more, and i just wanna know how much everyone's done so far. Our teacher keeps saying "o this is gonna be your last holidays where you're not under pressure..." "i'm gonna tear you a new a**hole if you don't come back with 8000 words" etc. So how much exactly has everyone done?

i've done about 3000 or so words atm, and if i keep on schedule i might just finish by the end of the holidays [well there's confidence for you]

sladehk

le random
HSC
I usually go above rather than udner then I cut some out, and it'll be too little and i add some more, its too much... and etc :p

goldendawn

ὄσον ζῆς...
HSC
I had about that much at this point as well. Don't get stressed, you still have plenty time :). Do as much as you can now, and maintain a disciplined approach (as hard as that is with a cretive piece!).

Alimoe_KG

HSC
i got around 30 words =D
beta get a move on ^^

moffat

Yeah. Think about it.
HSC
what i hate is how everytime i write something of a substantial length, the day after, i decide that i hate it. that my idea is stupid and that i should start all over again.so im up to 600 words and i dont even like that story anymore.

tez0r

Rawr?
HSC
i'm gonna try and get it done before trials =/ that way one subject's out of the way XD

Crazy Horse

HSC
I will have 2000 words before Tuesday or my teacher will kill me too. At the moment I only have half of that...

boasboy

MUSTARD*
HSC
1400 words.. need 8000... by.. TMRW ! .__." or end of week.. or so the teacher says..

Savvyboy

word limit

k after everythin u all said this seems kinda stupid..
but does anyone find the 8000 word limit to short??

ok i only done about 1000 words so far..but like, im trying to cover a whole shakespearen play and i know i'd need more than 8000 words..

James87

Club Mac - 1st Year 2006!
HSC
I've done about 2000 words, some of it rather patchy.
I might adopt the tactic of right 8000 words of crap, then edit, improve etc - but i dont like that idea. Does anyone else find themselves writing say 2-3 hundred words, then re-writing numerous times! Also, hows Viva Voce preparations?

katesaurus

HSC
ive done about 2000.. but its filled up with fragments that dont exactly link together.
My teacher wants 5000 by the end of the week or else ... and if not then i must consider dropping it..

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
katesaurus said:
ive done about 2000.. but its filled up with fragments that dont exactly link together.
My teacher wants 5000 by the end of the week or else ... and if not then i must consider dropping it..
Though I am in a similar boat as yourself..dont drop! This is *your* major work! If you wanna do it, you keep on truckin!

J

jhakka

At the beginning of the Easter holidays I had about 2000 words at most. I managed 8000 exactly (completed first draft) by the third week back, though.

Opium

:: Unbound ::
HSC
I have nearly 6000 words. I wrote a lot of it while I was on my German exchange trip at the end of last year so that's my excuse :)
I really want to get it finished, start to ending. Then I can concentrate on fine tuning the story and everything. But I really haven't written much recently, I haven't felt in the mood.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)