Work 1001 (1 Viewer)

matt#1

HSC
N/A
Hi, I have to do my tutorial presentation this week on the following question:

"What have been the major issues in enterprise bargaining and who has benefited from these sorts of changes? Have workplaces become more efficient or more equitable – or both – or neither?"

I understand the second part of the question, but I don't know what the major issues in enterprise bargaining have been. Do the issues include things like enterprise bargaining leading to an increase in hours worked? If any of you guys could help me I would very much appreciate it. Thanks.

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
Would you not discuss the shift from wage indexation to the current, liberal stance which came about through reform, namely the Workplace Relations Act which introduced AWAs and removed much of the bargaining powers of the unions??

matt#1

HSC
N/A
absolution* said:
Would you not discuss the shift from wage indexation to the current, liberal stance which came about through reform, namely the Workplace Relations Act which introduced AWAs and removed much of the bargaining powers of the unions??
Absolution, you obviously keep up to date with the readings and go to lectures alot more than I do. Thanks for your help. :)

spin spin sugar

it's gotta be big
HSC
yeah, do pretty much exactly what abs* said, (even though he doesnt do the subject, hes exactly right). the guy in my tute today who did this pres also gave examples from the upcoming suggested reforms for 2005 in regards to the latter part of the question, and essentially argued that while workplaces have perhaps become more "efficient" they havent become more equitable.

hahah, so today, our tutor told us the average mark for the 'theories' essay question (which i did) was 52.......... sooo fucked. i have a sinking feeling im heading for an F, even though i love the subject, cos i did the essay at 5am on the day it was due after writing a political economy essay all night.

GAAAAAAAAAAYY

HSC
you can also say that efficiency is achieved through wage rises that are more in line with productivity rises.
...this is also the case for equitable.
the more you do, the more you get,
so on and so forth :cool:

EDIT: ahh..to good old days of hsc economics.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
i think the topic 7 reading deals with this.

Say that in states in which a decentralised (e.b.) form of workplace regulation takes place equity/equality issues such as the gender wage gap are increasing.
Whereas in centralised states, it is narrowing further and further.

By deregulating (although this deregulation is almost a paradox) you logically remove a layer of paperwork etc.

A lot of time was spent on settling unfair dismissal and wage disputes, with E.B. and the 2005 workplace relations act, this is set to change. However, workers as a result are open to exploitation.

Talk about how with these changes the number of clauses in an award is going down from (120 from memory in pre 1990s and 20 today) to 16 or even less.

Anyway, that reading really answers all.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
spin spin sugar said:
yeah, do pretty much exactly what abs* said, (even though he doesnt do the subject, hes exactly right). the guy in my tute today who did this pres also gave examples from the upcoming suggested reforms for 2005 in regards to the latter part of the question, and essentially argued that while workplaces have perhaps become more "efficient" they havent become more equitable.

hahah, so today, our tutor told us the average mark for the 'theories' essay question (which i did) was 52.......... sooo fucked. i have a sinking feeling im heading for an F, even though i love the subject, cos i did the essay at 5am on the day it was due after writing a political economy essay all night.

GAAAAAAAAAAYY
Yes!!!! My tutor told me that too. She said she's been 'generous' her average is like 58 or something like that and that guys is 52.
She said she's marked 20 or so and there's only one distinction.
She also said that "oh i think ive got yours to mark, stas."
Here's to hoping she hasnt marked it yet. I want an HD. It was a mighty swell essay.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)