• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Work Clothes (1 Viewer)

Skeeta

HSC
I'm unsure whether there is a thread already about this, but I'm starting to work in the Clinic for uni.. and have NOTHING suitable to wear.

I mean all of my clothes are the usual uni clothes, jeans, shirts bla bla bla (smart casual?) and then i have "going out" stuff.. but i doubt its appropriate

I'm a size 8, and need some basics... I've got a few "fashion" items that i can probably team up with something basic and get away with it.. Its not corporate attire, but its definitely more than "smart casual" I dont wanna look like a nanna - but we have a strict "no cleavage - bum or chest" rule.. Plus i'm working with kids..

i dont mind spending alot of money ($100-$200) if its a staple item, but for tops etc i suppose i'd spend around $50?

Where should i look? Mum suggests Sussanes (as they go down to size 6) And i was planning on going to Myer coz they seem to have everything.. But does anyone have any-tips on what to get? Or where to go?!

Emily.

Pro-VSU
HSC
myer has some great workwear, the miss shop basic pants are 40 to 50 and they have great shirts for 40 to 50 too
theres also the brand tokito which is pretty reasonably priced too, i get alot of my work stuff there

Skeeta

HSC
yeah i'm thinking Myer could be my one-stop-shop

<3 myer

HSC
N/A
As I work as a dance teacher I'm not really "in" on the whole corperate thing...

However a decent pair of pants (Cue is making great wide-leg ones at the moment) and something like an elbow-length button-up fitted shirt should be ok - you can get a huge variety of these in Myer. :) Not all of them look boring! :)

HSC
N/A
Emily. said:
myer has some great workwear, the miss shop basic pants are 40 to 50 and they have great shirts for 40 to 50 too
theres also the brand tokito which is pretty reasonably priced too, i get alot of my work stuff there
TOKITO!!!!!

Just have to jump in and say that's where I spent my $240+ today... all the purple/fushia stuff just called to me. It really did :(

Skeeta

HSC
My god i'm exactly the same, I work at a coffee shop and i have a uniform, so i have nothing

yeah for cheap stuff i was actually thinking about valleygirl? Like for random skirts and stuff.. oh god and shoes.. i need flats

far out i've been thrown in the deep end. I'm gonna go shopping tomorrow night - i will update with results! haha.

I'm going to try avoid the whole "white shirt and black pants" thing.. Coz i dont wanna look like i work at woolworths

Emily.

Pro-VSU
HSC
white and black can look alot better than working at woolies
as soon as u tuck the shirt in and put on a belt it looks hot

HSC
N/A
Pants and a top are actually really good. Just stay away from black and white if you're a little scared of it - have like, a dark chocolate pair of pants with a nice shirt, maybe texturised a little (the victorian thing is coming in right now). Maybe even a different coloured camisole underneath :)

Skeeta

HSC
haha yeah i know.

i actually bought a white tuxedo shirt the other day, i've got a black vest too. I was wearing it today, but with a denim mini to dress it down.. it looked hawt

if i team it with pants or a nice skirt, i think it can get me through the first week.. ok i'm relaxing a bit now lol

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
where'de u get ur vests from?

I looked in myer they didn't have any??

Anyway if you go into lil asian shops.. they usually have whole suits u can buy that are 100 bucks cheaper than myer and that.. and they look hotter.

Suits are hot! with a hot top underneath. (business shirts with suits just look too much)

If you buy a suit, i recommend buying the jackets with just the ONE button. Again they look hotter.

I bought my jacket from some lil asian store and I bought my pants from Myer (had to make sure the material was the same)

Also vests are HOT i want one, i need money!

salsydney

HSC
as a fellow clinic goer... skirt and tops are fine, you can get away with skirts as casual as the ones you get at like, just jeans... flat shoes are the most ideal, but i often wore heeled boots last year, it all depends on how much running around you'll be doing...
as for clothing... i always find nice work wear in katies for some reason... i never go there purposely,but go there as a last resort, and find really nice stuff... i just got new tweed pants for clinic from katies... bum cleavage can be a risky thing, so to avoid that ever being an issue, which is usually the case with little kids, coz you'll be on the floor more, then i just make sure i wear a longer singlet top underneath... and you're set.. :) Don't blow your budget, it IS only clinic at the end of the day...

Skeeta

HSC
haha yeah i ended up buying random stuff from valleygirl and myer. It will get me through the semester

Skeeta

HSC
clairegirl said:
where'de u get ur vests from?

Anyway if you go into lil asian shops.. they usually have whole suits u can buy that are 100 bucks cheaper than myer and that.. and they look hotter.

Also vests are HOT i want one, i need money!
I got my vest from some random asian shop, they had heaps of colours i'm gonna go back and get another colour - i dont need a suit or anything but thanks!

myer had a few vests in miss shop, tho they were all black, white

Katie123

Clinical is OVER
HSC
for our clinical component we have to wear a shirt that has the emblem on it ..i guess that makes is a whole lot easier

Lundy

Banned
HSC
Where's another good place to find vests? I could try cheap asiany shops but their sizings are tiny and I am not.

I'm starting a job that's "smart casual" and needing to stock up on clothes.

kahlilouise

HSC
If you are not wanting to spend a lot of money, glassons and valleygirl would be great. Tip: about the whole 'no bum cleavage' thing, just layer :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)