Work Experience (1 Viewer)

ford00motorsport

Hi. I'm in Year 11 and i was just wondering where everyone did their work experience? I have one more week of it and dont know where to do it.

~*HSC 4 life*~

HSC
N/A
I went to the United Dental Hospital in Surry Hills..it was mad coz i am interested in dentisty. All we did really was go to the different departments such as childrens dentistry, orthodontics, perodontics etc etc and watch/ask questions...they'd always give us early breaks and long lunches heheh and you only need to phone in, they very willingly said yes!

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
i have done two weeks of work experience

1) at a clothes store

and 2) at my school ( lame i know, but hey i had fun)

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
i went to an architect's office in sydney. at the time i wanted to be one but all they seem to do is sit themselves in front of computers and draw lines. it was so damn boring. i vowed never to be an architect after that experience.

beergirl

polka dots are cool
HSC
I did mine at Qantas, then at West Tigers

Ohh Memories... me sabotaging rival teams databases lol

beergirl

polka dots are cool
HSC
Originally posted by ford00motorsport
Wow. Wat did u actually do at Qantas and the west tigers?
At Qantas i was doing customer service in the domestic terminal, it actually turned out to be really good insight on how the airport works. I had a pretty cool supervisor who took me to every part of the airport where i was allowed to. It was heaps cool, and i actually know how to check people in :)

I went to Wests tigers during the off season so it wasnt that crash hot, but they had to organise for the upcoming season, i was working with marketing and pr, it was ok i guess. They were updating the database so i did data entry for most of it :( but eh, what can u do...

I recommend Qantas, even though its not that easy to get into. Maybe a footy team would be better during the footy season.

velox

Retired
HSC
N/A
i wanted to do mine at a automotice engineering place, ie where holden, toyota, etc do r&d, but i was only in yr10 and they wanted yr11+

I did mine with the chief motoring editor at the daly tele, pretty mad, just cruised around in sports cars all week :D

eLmo

Stalker.
HSC
I've had 2 weeks of work exp.
1- @ Vet.. was pretty good, got to watch a few operations, x-rays etc... though there was sO much damn cleaning.. i was used :(

2- @ 3M.. what can i say but BORING.. data entry/customer service/filing ... the only good part was working with the marketing dept :)

kochou

Originally posted by beergirl
At Qantas i was doing customer service in the domestic terminal, it actually turned out to be really good insight on how the airport works. I had a pretty cool supervisor who took me to every part of the airport where i was allowed to. It was heaps cool, and i actually know how to check people in :)

lucky bum i wanted to do something in the airport, but was kinda late and ended up at a chemist which was really boring, tho i ended up getting a nice (and boring) job.

T

timbk2

I did my work exp. at Coca Cola.
It was pretty awesome, but i dont think they take any work exp people. I only got in cause my brother worked at the head office at the time.

I visited all around the place, including the headoffice, the warehouses, the Coke factory which was pretty cool, and spent a day with a sales dude in his red coke camry. I didnt have to actually do any real work. it was more experience and seeing what people do, which was cool. I got to drive a loaded forklift however... and i crashed it against a wall.. lol .. kinda hard to control. but fun.

bluesky100

Carly :-)
HSC
I did mine at some pet shop place in Yr10. Didn't really get much out of it b/c at that stage I wasn't clear on what I woanted to do after Yr12. Wish I gave it more thought though-

astro

HSC
I did mine and a law firm called dennis and co....honestly, it was really boring....even though i acted interested

Kuya

HSBC in the city. lvl 16.. elevator moves to fast and i got dizzy all the time..

Collin

HSC
N/A
I did mine at The University of Sydney. It was pretty boring I guess.

porge

sorry, you've missed me
HSC
N/A
i did half my week at a hospital in the physiotherapy ward - was ok cos our guide was cute :) - but a bit tedious

and the second half was at a private physio practice (only cool to play with all the toys in the rehab room :))

--lets just say im not really interested in that career path nemore ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)