work experience (1 Viewer)

Average Boreduser

𝙱𝚊𝚗𝚗𝚎𝚍
HSC
Hello, hello folks.
I am forced to do work experience at my school, but I'm very confused about how this works. Do I casually take out my phone and call companies in hopes of receiving work experience? Is there a process for all of this?

cossine

HSC
Hello, hello folks.
I am forced to do work experience at my school, but I'm very confused about how this works. Do I casually take out my phone and call companies in hopes of receiving work experience? Is there a process for all of this?
Generally work experience is not that important in high school. I would think emailing or contacting people through business websites could be better idea in case people are busy.

idkkdi

HSC
Hello, hello folks.
see if ur careers advisor has the contacts of who people applied to for work experiences in the past. apply one year in advance for the good places - i.e. hospitals/courts/rba/csiro/taronga zoo. i think some unis also have some programs.

Suzanne.A

HSC
From what I have heard, you can contact your career advisor and let them know what area/ field of work you are interested in. This would depend if you're doing it with the school though - with my school, there's a week dedicated to work experience in year 10, and students would have to let the school know what they're doing. It can be a bit of a process.

If you're unsure, just contact employers via email and let them know you're interested in doing work experience with them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)