Work experience (1 Viewer)

harvestcows

HSC
anyone else doing work experience or have done it ?
How does one go about obtaining this "work experience" ??

7minute

HSC
My work experience was organised through my school, I don't know what the situation is for you. Talk to your careers advisor... he/she can tell you more. And you can always write to places yourself and ask them what their position on work experience is.

INXS

King For A Day
HSC
Work Experience is mad fun. Make sure you organise it EARLY, do not leave it to the last minute, or you will end up with some shit job because everything else will be taken. Just ring then up, or go and see them in person. Say something like

Hello, my name is > insert name here < and i attend such n such a high school. I am currently in year 10 and i was wondering if i could do my work experience at your store/place/building/ company, what ever it is. REMEMBER to say, i would like to spend 1 week of MY time with you.

If you get a cool work placement, they might even pay you, if you do a good job. Your not meant to get paid, but i got $50 for the week, being a automotive mechanic. Work experience is really good, gives you a taste of what the real world is like, plus you get a chance to test out any career you are interested. ( except a few ) Plus you might even make some cool / special new friendships.

EG: im good mates with my mechanic now, :)

Cheers mate,

Good luck with it all.

sf_diegoxrock

HSC
i got into a graphic design place 1 week before work experience started
my lunchbreaks were 4 hours and i sat there doing nothing for 2 hours
was good, have fun

iamsickofyear12

HSC
I went to a computer support place. Three of the five days I just decided I would leave and go home 4 hours early and they had no idea they just thought I was in another department. When I was there all I did was play games on my phone and on the computer. Biggest bludge ever.

babiisapphire

Tennis Fan
HSC
my work experience was SO boring.. i wod of rather went to skool to muck around cuz it was the last week of skool :)

itgrl26

HSC
I'm doing my work experience on the 14th to 18th November at Zimmermann wear in Zetland- can't wait! My formal is on the 18th too so it's gonna be an awesome week :eek:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)