Work load for Ext. History (1 Viewer)

daledugahole

HSC
It's not so much the workload in extension history its the concepts. They're concepts which are at time hard to grasp and that is where sometimes you need to put the extra work in to understand things better.

If you start your major work early and only bother reading the relevant parts of books then you'll be fine.

I think I was a little taken aback when I first started extension because it is very different to either modern or ancient and requires a much higher order of thinking.

X

xeuyrawp

fishy89sg said:
No idea. Consider:
- the Pompeii/Herculaneum Ancient History Core was officially announced as being planned in 2001 (only to be introduced in 2005), and it it was a Preliminary option since much earlier than that. And that was just an addition of a Core, a whole new unit is going to be much worse, especially considering that the Ancient Core transition was simply getting rid of one of the extra Societie/Periods...
- the 2U History Extension split hasn't been officially approved or announced yet,
- what someone said in another thread -- that having 4U History in HSC means having 3U History in Prelim -- when 3U Prelim hasn't started yet.

So who knows. One of my lecturers told me, at the time, that it seemed quite definite. When that is, though, is another matter.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sandez

Hay Guys
HSC
There is a huge workload....and a huge amount of reading.

I really also don't like my teacher very much....she has a terrible method of teaching. (in my opinion- others don't think so).

deep.lee

HSC
well the 07' ext. workload is really building up, every week theres at least 2 tasks to do so as to extend our knowledge of historiography. its a big ask.

ALLLICE

HSC
Man, for ext history I did virtually bugger all... I pulled an all nighter for my project, did no consistent work or study for it throughout the year... and yet i topped it! got kick ass grades. The secret my fellow historians is knowing how to bullshit and lie really well (don't forget to make stuff up in your logs!) and reading key quotes right before exams.. or knowing how to make a phrase sound like a quote from a historian... trust me! that's the key to kicking ass in ext history!!

ALLLICE

HSC
and also crapping on about postmodernism as previously mentioned

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)