• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

work load??? (1 Viewer)

HSC
N/A
hi everybody i am just curious about the work load for modern history in both years 11 and 12, if anyone could give me some information it would be greatly appreciated. thankssss
(also could you please give me a comparison of the workload to other 2 unit subjects)

jennieTalia

HSC
primeobjective said:
hi everybody i am just curious about the work load for modern history in both years 11 and 12, if anyone could give me some information it would be greatly appreciated. thankssss
(also could you please give me a comparison of the workload to other 2 unit subjects)
Workload is the same for all subjects. Take drama- you still gotta do a major. Unless its like a 1U course (thinking religion, NOT extension subjects) then it will work out roughly the same.

It is a weighty course, but it is worth it. Take on the extra reading as a hobby rather than as work and you with cruise :)

good luck

inter108

HSC
jennieTalia said:
Workload is the same for all subjects. Take drama- you still gotta do a major. Unless its like a 1U course (thinking religion, NOT extension subjects) then it will work out roughly the same.

It is a weighty course, but it is worth it. Take on the extra reading as a hobby rather than as work and you with cruise :)

good luck
She's lying :eek:

HSC
N/A
jennieTalia said:

good luck
ok thanks, also could you please tell me which subject you receive more workload for Ancient or Modern (considering you do both)

thank you

el gwapo

HSC
I wouldn't do it as a filler. I did it because I love history and I was truly interested in knowing about certain events from the past. Don't do it because you need fillers.

Having said that it's a very regimented course from my opinion, and so the work load you do can be quite repetitive, which makes it a lot more simpler to manage.

lucidassembly

HSC
Not much in regards to regular/weekly homework (in my experience, anyway), but there are quite a few huge assessments. Also, the sheer amount of content you actually have to learn is a little frightening at first. In comparison to other 2u subjects I've taken, it's probably the one which covers the most information.

If you find the topics interesting though, the stuff sticks easily :) It's definitely a subject worth the pain of a large workload. Just be prepared to work consistently, and you'll manage absolutely fine.

HSC
the content is quite big
so definately as someone said before, do it because you love it! not because you need an extra 2 units.

the assessments requires effort, extra effort; such as 2-3 hours at a university library to find sources and then another 3-4 to sort/ read through them. with that along with your essay writting abilities will give you awesome marks so put in the effort = rewarded with good marks :)

as in workload just in homework, because there is so much to go through, the teacher logically just cant go into deepth about everything and a strict timetable is needed to complete the course, so homework sometimes just reading, worksheets or question n answer will give you a backorund into what ur learning next lesson or it reinforces/ further explains what you have just learnt. not doing it means you will be left behind at your own expense or if the maj of the class doesnt do it, it just slows everyone down..

overall i quite enjoyed modern... its fairly political tho so be prepared for that. but if you are interested and put in the effort you will really enjoy it :)

good luck

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)