work placement (1 Viewer)

professor

anyone finished theirs?? my one is this wk...but i dun really see the point of actually go and 'work' since majority of time we dun do much

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
yeah i did my first week last year... gotta do my second week sometime next semester.. its a pretty stupid idea and a waste of time i think... but yeah

i went to a primary skool last time... had to install programs, set up the new computers, conect everything up and help with the network.. i think i was the only one in my class who actually WORDED during workplacement... all the others sat up in a room and surfed the net drinking coffee...

where are u off too?

professor

first one i went to was OzEmail...played table tennis there, pretty relaxing...only work was to replace ONE...yes, ONE mouse for the whole wk...

this one i am heading off to, some computer store in North Rocks...heard that the work load ain't too much...

maRk`03

dont have a fkn winge i did mine last week even though i was supposed to do it last year i missed the most important thing we learn all year in economics, im behind in everything and im sweating as sif the hsc was tomorow then on top of that i have to do another week soon and i worked my arse off last week at some primary school ! :argue:

sukiyaki

emptiness
HSC
mines this week too , ahh i waz made to packed boxes? oh yeh thats so it =(

Supaneo

Work Placement...

Well i did my 4 day week at Acer Computer Australia
last year @ Olympic Park.

I must say it is not a bad place with a lot of nice people but i have vague memories of it now...

I would recommend it to people who still have an interest
in IT.

It aint much of a bludge but there is still the breaks
and lunch with some off the mad employees.

First day - Repairs centre - One of the service co-ordinators(english guy) was cool and was fun to work with..
The technical guys at the back were quiet but had their part in the company..

Second day - Spare parts - OMG Hardware heaven... i had thoughts of taking some stuff as i was picking and packing for people's orders... was fun working with packaging dudes very fun...

Last Day - Call Centre - Interesting listening to coversations from customers and how f****en dumb they are.. I could work there and it would be so easy.. the manager offered me a job there too... not bad..

Even though it is one of the biggest computer companies internationally i dont think the office that i went to got me any competencies only that i spent a couple days out of school to get a few ticks to outcomes...

Not Bad...
Cant wait till more workplacement this year

professor

my one is a killer, got a lot of work...like ppl coming into the store every now and then with screwed up computers...me and this other work placement dude had to fix it all up...

Some of the problems:
The modem chip somehow was burned and can't be used
This tower somehow has 1 DVD rom, and 2 CD-RW...and theres not switch on the front, the guy made a special one from the back and guess wat, the computer is running XP and is a Pentium 200...
One computer managed to have the hard disk, floppy, CD-ROM and the motherboard screwed up and can't be used...we had to make him a new one...
One customer wanted to run XP on his P 100...

skool_angel

i juss finished my wokplacement
i went to havery n0rman compuer FACTORY OUTLET
i swear nothin in that store works

NOTE: DO NOT I REPEAT DO NOT BUY A COMPUTER SYSTEM FROM THE FACTORY OUTLET!!!! YOU WILL END GOIN BAK A MILLION TIMES COMPLAININ THAT SOMETHING IS WRONG WITH THE SYSTEM!!!!
slave labour!! all i did was shrink wrap speakers

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
Originally posted by skool_angel

hahaha thats funny! :D

well i've always diskliked harvey norman... especially all the staff in the technology dept... they dont know sh*T and they make it out as if they do.

i asked if this printer had a firewire or a usb port (and it does mind you! i saw it in the catelog and on the acutal printer and i saw the port) and he goes.. NAH SORRY... ONLY PARALLEL

pssft.

professor

man, on my last day, i got told off by this bit*h something wrong with her computer...and all i can do is to say " i'm sorri...i'm sorry"...:mad: i was bout to bust and scream at her...:chainsaw: :chainsaw: :chainsaw:

sukiyaki

emptiness
HSC
Originally posted by skool_angel
i juss finished my wokplacement
i went to havery n0rman compuer FACTORY OUTLET
i swear nothin in that store works

NOTE: DO NOT I REPEAT DO NOT BUY A COMPUTER SYSTEM FROM THE FACTORY OUTLET!!!! YOU WILL END GOIN BAK A MILLION TIMES COMPLAININ THAT SOMETHING IS WRONG WITH THE SYSTEM!!!!
hehe i though u said it waz okay? HmMM *wonders*

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
UTS!!!

hmm i was suppose to go workplacement next semester... but the teachers gave me workplacement this term..

i'm going to uts! whOoO HooOoo! hahaha :D

del

HSC
N/A
Building 10? the I.T. building?

ahh you'll have fun

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
i dont know where im going yet... hmmm but i do know that i have to go to the broadway campus... get the tower building - get the lift #2 or #6 to get to level 9...

hmmm... sounds confusing... but going there 2morrow.. hahah watch me get lost!

del

HSC
N/A
hmm i'd be lost too...... i have no been any higher than level 4 of the tower building........

a really weird thing is, as soon as you walk in of the street your on level 4 already.....

hurrotisrobbo

Cabbage
HSC
What's your real name, and what course are you doing? :D

Just some info so people can actually locate you.

You could always wear a big sign ("ToOhEyZ") on your chest...

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
hahahah - i'm doing information technology... work placement.

hahahaha is anyone gonna be there the same time as me?

i've been told that i spend half my time at broadway and the other half at the haymarket campus...

hmm.. hope it isnt a long walk.

del

HSC
N/A
nah not too far... sort of 5 minutes down the road....

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
haha yeah i'm not the only one! brown_sugar is gonna go there not next week but the week after :) [i hope she doesnt mind me telling EVERYONE LOL]

just ring up and ask if they have vacancies - they only have one person a month....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)