WORK1001 exam (1 Viewer)

spin spin sugar

it's gotta be big
HSC
so i missed the last lecture cos i had an important meeting with my mktg1001 group, so i have no idea whats really in the exam. is the .doc on BB about exam q's all that he told you guys? cos he must have gone into more detail than that....

can anyone give me a hand n elaborate on whats already been posted on BB if they have any further info??

also was it 6 questions we had to answer? or 8? im lost.

what topics are you guys planning on focussing on? im staying away from conciliation/arbitration, it confuses me

spin spin sugar

it's gotta be big
HSC
hey wiki,
i guess i just thought he would have given us more info on the particular questions - the lecture notes seemed vague compared to how much my tutor insinuated that he would tell us.

has anyone elses tutor told them not to use the textbook at all?

ShAdow_FaX

HSC
nah thats bullshite...just read the text booka nd u'll bef ine more like it....work1001 isn't rocket science...know the basics, bullshit and u'll pass easy....

spin spin sugar

it's gotta be big
HSC
well in the announcement about exam preparation it says ignore anything in the textbook which isnt mentioned in lecture notes... which is HEAPS!! so good, that cuts out sooo much.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
I'll post up what's in the exam after my Wednesday exam.
It's way too early to worry about work 1001

stazi

Nightman
HSC
spin spin sugar said:
ive only got three exams, so i can be a little bit more balanced. plus marketing isnt even worth studying for anyway, i'll probably fuck it up regardless
if you read what the guy who did it last year said, you definitely need to study for it, otherwise you will fuck it up. its textbook regurgitation. You'll need to learn the case studies.

oh and grace, make sure you read the readings again, as for good marks you'll need to link each question back to a reading.

spin spin sugar

it's gotta be big
HSC
yeah i remember my tutor saying that. about the readings. cool dude. hey you should check out this weeks BRW it has an article on reforms etc and even mentions the pilbara/unions issue like in our readings. might be useful as an extra little reference

i knoooow stas, iwill fail if i dont study. but i studied last time and it was barely worth it. of course i'll study a little, but fuck it, i'm not gonna put that much effort in. at least with the format of the work1001 exam i know i can actually get marks if i study

stazi

Nightman
HSC
spin spin sugar said:
yeah i remember my tutor saying that. about the readings. cool dude. hey you should check out this weeks BRW it has an article on reforms etc and even mentions the pilbara/unions issue like in our readings. might be useful as an extra little reference

i knoooow stas, iwill fail if i dont study. but i studied last time and it was barely worth it. of course i'll study a little, but fuck it, i'm not gonna put that much effort in. at least with the format of the work1001 exam i know i can actually get marks if i study
but the final exam last year was apparently really really really easy as opposed to the mid-sem.

spin spin sugar

it's gotta be big
HSC
im just skeptical, and shit changes from year to year. i just really dont like the multiple choice thing anyway. i'll put in minimum effort for that subject, i dont need good grades, as long as i pass, whatever. i'd rather concentrate my efforts on a subject where its worth doing so. did you settle on if you wanted to do comm/arts or comm lib studies?

stazi

Nightman
HSC
spin spin sugar said:
im just skeptical, and shit changes from year to year. i just really dont like the multiple choice thing anyway. i'll put in minimum effort for that subject, i dont need good grades, as long as i pass, whatever. i'd rather concentrate my efforts on a subject where its worth doing so. did you settle on if you wanted to do comm/arts or comm lib studies?
comm lib studies :)

stazi

Nightman
HSC
spin spin sugar said:
is there a way you can major in psych after all then?
i think that there may be some way. not absolutelly sure though.
Either way, I don't mind just doing extra psych units and majoring in mktg and ecop/irhrm

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Hi everyone,
I've just put an announcement on Bb that says this:

Several people have asked how best to prepare for the exam. We covered a lot of material so you do need to be concentrate on what is most important.

The best way to begin is with the lecture notes, then go to textbook and reading kit to flesh them out. If the material in either the textbook or the kit is not in the lecture notes, then you can skip it. In other words, the lecture notes are the guide to what you should be concentrating on.

All the best,
Bradon.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
oh and grace: when they sent you the 'important changes to your degree' email. was there anything of interest on com (liberal studies)

stazi

Nightman
HSC
spin spin sugar said:
is there a way you can major in psych after all then?
actually: no.
60 credit points max in another faculty.
but then again, i wonder if you can use the 24 arts and 12 science c.p. for psychology? As i think some degrees classify them under both arts and sciences.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)