Workchoices - Macro or Micro? (1 Viewer)

ace1

HSC
N/A
Would u consider the Howard's proposed IR reforms to be a macroeconomic issue or microeconomic issue?

khoshgelleh

work choices are definately micro reform............ its part of the deregulation of the labour markets aiming for higher effeicncy and productivity , as well as eliminating inflationary pressures.

hope that helps

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
micro, labour market reofrms, supply side economics

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
as above.

They are designed to improve efficency and productivity, which increases aggregate supply. (i.e microeconomic)

Its probally the major component of the gov's microecnomic reform agenda at the moment. (which is not a good thing, as ALOT more is needed)

gigi_ruff

it should be remebered that they are a proposed policy and not a policy response

ace1

HSC
N/A
so if a essay question came up for micro reform or labour market policies, the workchoices package should be included?

biscuit

If its like; how does micro assist in achieving eco objectives
or like evaluate the effectiveness of micro policy.. blah blah
Then yeah, you can bring up the proposed changes

Haku

i think the proposed new IR reform create more problems than benefits.

can someone list some economic benefits?

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
the plan is that the proposed reforms will further deregulate the labour market, improving productivity and (according to the ads) promote employment.

Maybe check with the workchoice website

d_a_n_z

HSC
cept i'd only mention it in a sentance...coz noone knwos the IMPACT on the economy as they havnt actually been implemnted. Im thinking, a quote from Howard, a wuote from sommeone against it and thats covered

Rekkusu

Currently: Away
HSC
As for impacts, the workchoices booklet/site covers most of it (even subjectively), but hey XD that's the proposed changes, so the impact will be felt soon.

But in answer to your question, well as with all microreform, impacts take about 5-20 years until the effect is fully felt by the economy, there are just countless number of impacts....

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
d_a_n_z said:
cept i'd only mention it in a sentance...coz noone knwos the IMPACT on the economy as they havnt actually been implemnted. Im thinking, a quote from Howard, a wuote from sommeone against it and thats covered

Planned policy responses are vital to mention as well, so i would allocate more time to dicussion of the reforms than just a sentence.

The entire point of governemnt economic policies (esp micro) is to be foward looking and preemptive.

Haku

Rekkusu said:
As for impacts, the workchoices booklet/site covers most of it (even subjectively), but hey XD that's the proposed changes, so the impact will be felt soon.

But in answer to your question, well as with all microreform, impacts take about 5-20 years until the effect is fully felt by the economy, there are just countless number of impacts....
ah should of called them when the commercials came on for a booklet.
any one got point form notes on the proposed changes?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)