• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Working at Oporto's: What's it like? (1 Viewer)

hatty

Banned
really? so howd they know what ur available times and BSB number and shit, or was that all on ur resume?

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
lol
Nando's all the way, better than all those imitations.

Im a shift manager at Nando's and been working there for the past 5 years. Pay and conditions are crap in a store like nandos/oportos, but its probably the easiest job you can find. Where I work, theres always time to sit and do nothing (I run night shitfs, so people sporadically come in) and get paid for it.

I have brainless customers come in sometimes and ask for a burger, I ask "do you want a combo with that?" and they say no...but then start ordering chips and a bottle of water, and sometimes I just get pissed off and charge them for each item seperately when it woulda been cheaper if they said "yes" to the combo!

hatty

Banned
i hate nandos, i went once in bondi junction

whats their motto, "the wait is long forgotten, after the taste is remembered" or something, how stupid is that. lol

LaZy_KoReAn

DrunkenMC
HSC
hatty said:
really? so howd they know what ur available times and BSB number and shit, or was that all on ur resume?
Why do you have to swear so much?

When people say "low status male" that exactly describe's a guy like you.

You deserve to work at places like that.

LaZy_KoReAn

DrunkenMC
HSC
Minai said:
lol

Im a shift manager at Nando's and been working there for the past 5 years. Pay and conditions are crap in a store like nandos/oportos, but its probably the easiest job you can find. Where I work, theres always time to sit and do nothing (I run night shitfs, so people sporadically come in) and get paid for it.

I have brainless customers come in sometimes and ask for a burger, I ask "do you want a combo with that?" and they say no...but then start ordering chips and a bottle of water, and sometimes I just get pissed off and charge them for each item seperately when it woulda been cheaper if they said "yes" to the combo!
Some people might think a combo is usually with a soft drink not a bottle of water, did that clear your brain up a bit?

elisabeth

HSC
Minai said:
lol

I know! Sometimes when people just want a drink and burger and it works out cheaper to get the meal, I'll tell them... if they're nice.

Omg, we had a pyscho guy the other day. He apparently bought a reg chips and small burger just a few minutes before my shift started, and then he asked me to get the manager. He completely went off at her because the small meal was $5.95 and his order was $5.90 "five fucking cents for a fucking drink, what kind of fucking business are you arseholes running here?". Ignoring the fact that his chips were a bigger size... even if that was true, who cares? Get a cheap drink and stop complaining.

So anywho, he's screaming at everyone in the food court not to buy from Oporto, the manager goes out back and gets one of the guys to come out and try and calm him down. I don't agree with that, but bear in mind that she's 5"4 and well skinny, and the customer has several inches and over 100 pounds on her. One of the guys comes out and says "calm down mate, no need to yell" and the man goes off, threatening to kill him and bash him "you come over here and say that to me you fucking idiot, come over here and tell me that like a fucking man!". Then he looks at me and says "I'm not mad at you love, you just work here".

Security comes, spends ages trying to calm him down. I'm out front trying to serve customers whilst the guys have to stay out back or this man will go for them, and the other girl who was out front is also out back crying. She got well shaken up. All cause of one idiot losing it over 5 lousy cents.

elisabeth

HSC
LaZy_KoReAn said:

Damn, if a few swear words are all it takes, then most of us are all destined for the firey eternity in hell - or working in the back of burger joints.

LaZy_KoReAn said:
Some people might think a combo is usually with a soft drink not a bottle of water, did that clear your brain up a bit?
I ask people if they want a burger or a meal, heaps of people say 'oh just the burger... and some chips and a drink". Considering we offer any drink - signs show juice, soft drink or water - with a meal and I say so, there's no excuse for stupidity.

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
I went to your oportos elisabeth, and they made me wait for 5 minutes while they "cooked it up fresh" and then it was soggy, old, cold and crap

elisabeth

HSC
Ranger Stacie said:
I went to your oportos elisabeth, and they made me wait for 5 minutes while they "cooked it up fresh" and then it was soggy, old, cold and crap
Lol, I'm sorry. I last worked on Fri evening... when was this? You should've said something!

hatty

Banned
LaZy_KoReAn said:

so just because you dont swear, you're all of a sudden better then everyone else and you're to good to work at fast food places? to bad all the people working in fastfood dont have parents that shit gold all over the place and teach their children to grow up to be fuckheaded snobs.

why dont u get of ur high horse, shut the fuck up and stop whinging over something so trivial you fucking pussy. "low status male" my ass, people like you shit me, they think they're all great and sophisticated and above everyone else and that their shit dont stink, just because of a few swear words that nobody cares about. untill you do something worthwhile like cure aids or cancer, im afraid ur just the same as everyone else. moron.

and how many times did i swear b4? like 5? big fucking deal, nobody else gave a shit. get over it dickhead. go watch ur "love story in havard".

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
LaZy_KoReAn said:
I guess if you're that stupid...to think a combo only comes with a soft drink when there are signs everywhere, who knows?

HSC
my friend, she worked there for awhile and she hated it, they pay really bad

elisabeth

HSC
Casmira said:
Well, I guess if minimum wage is your definition of bad... that rules out a lot of jobs.

HSC
Nah they didn't rise her pay even when she turned 16 until she threatend to leave

kaylz

HSC
Casmira said:
would this friend be kate?

elisabeth

HSC
Casmira said:
Nah they didn't rise her pay even when she turned 16 until she threatend to leave
Did they know she had a bday? Even if they have your info, heaps of places won't change it unless you remind them. I only told them months later when I still wasn't getting a higher rate at the pharmacy... admittedly you shouldn't leave it that late, but hey, a couple hundred in back pay was nice.

I'll let you know if Oporto give me a prompt pay rise when I turn 17 in May... :)

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
elisabeth said:
Lol, I'm sorry. I last worked on Fri evening... when was this? You should've said something!
i dont remember, it was a couple of weeks ago now. my manager told me to take it back but i couldnt be bothered. i took food back for the first time to that fruju salad place; there was hair in my salad. and the stupid girl goes "whoops, sorry! I must be molting!!"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)