• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

working christmas day? (1 Viewer)

mitsui

мιтэuι
HSC
lolz!
workin christmas eve, christmas day (doin systems even thou store closed. =\)

dont think u get pay penalty for christmas eve? o_o?

definitely refusing to work on boxin or new yr

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
kalli said:
I signed an AWA... working public holidays for normal rate, no penalty rates for weekend/night work and minimal wages is the future for us all!!
what is it and why did you have to sign it?

kalli

HSC
iambored said:
what is it and why did you have to sign it?
Australian Workplace Agreement ----- an individual contract... i had to sign it or i would not have been given a job... means that i am not covered by any award rates or anything...

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Pink_Butterfly said:
Ummm isn't there laws restricting the opening hours on Christmas day (even if you are in a high tourist area)? And even if there isn't - You can't be made to work on a public holiday - it's your right!!!
Speak to your union!!! (Or Industrial Relations)
It depends on what you do. In some industries, eg, I have a friend who is like, a care person for people with disabilities that need 24hr care, so obviously someone has to work.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Haha, my work are being scabby (xmas week of all frigging weeks :() and are saving on wages, so they're only giving us really short shifts so we don't get breaks :mad: :rolleyes:

HSC
kalli said:
I signed an AWA... working public holidays for normal rate, no penalty rates for weekend/night work and minimal wages is the future for us all!!
kalli said:
Australian Workplace Agreement ----- an individual contract... i had to sign it or i would not have been given a job... means that i am not covered by any award rates or anything...
YOU have to be paid an award... If your not paid an award, you have to above the award. Its the law (I'm sure about this one). Awards are to protect the employee's right to make sure they get a minium payment for the work they do in a selected industry.

hipsta_jess said:
It depends on what you do. In some industries, eg, I have a friend who is like, a care person for people with disabilities that need 24hr care, so obviously someone has to work.
I didn't think of those types of work industries. But retail? Like most of the Christmas Day workers on this forum are forced?

mattyg87

HSC
my work and its stupid 1.875x pay rate for public holidays..

i work boxing day and the 27th, both public holidays - 7 hours on each day and then the day after that as well..

i can tell ya im looking forward to my bank balance the following week

Ellie-Bee

HSC
I'm working Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve but Angus and Robertson don't open on Christmas Day. :)

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
im working christmas eve from 2pm till 10pm and it will be damn busy, fucking alcos

i HATE you all.

townie said:
working X-mas eve and NYE, arent open boxing, new years day, or xmas

what time?

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
thejosiekiller said:
im working christmas eve from 2pm till 10pm and it will be damn busy, fucking alcos

i HATE you all.

what time?

im working tonight 4pm-12.30am and then on christmas eve as well 10am-5pm :( goodbye life

steelite

HSC
Ranger Stacie said:
im working tonight 4pm-12.30am and then on christmas eve as well 10am-5pm :( goodbye life
Worked about 9-5 on Christmas Eve, plus nearly every single day during the past two weeks except for 3 days...plus most have been 8 hours +. Lucky l'm working on the 27th...w00t 2.5 times pay :)

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
steelite said:
Worked about 9-5 on Christmas Eve, plus nearly every single day during the past two weeks except for 3 days...plus most have been 8 hours +. Lucky l'm working on the 27th...w00t 2.5 times pay :)
i got gypped out of every single public holiday cos of my age

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
Good luck to all the people working at the sales may your customers not be to annoying. We are all sparing a thought for those of you who have to (not wanted too) work New Years Eve, and New Years and the other holidays been :).

As for me I don’t work so 0 hours this Christmas!

mitsui

мιтэuι
HSC
oh yea
workin new yr eve! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
=.=
every1 else is party-ing i assume

Riviet

HSC
N/A
In terms of work as a job, my boss said I could take a break. :)

In terms of work as in study, did a few hours on christmas eve.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
thejosiekiller said:

i HATE you all.

what time?
X-MAS Eve was 17:00-21:15, NYE is 12:15-21:15

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)