• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Working on NYE (2 Viewers)

theone123

blue essence
HSC
so who's working on NYE?

another question, NYE and christmas eve don't attract double time and half? :(

fnkychk

HSC
N/A
I am, but only for a few hours during the day.

Is it law that you should get paid more at certain times, like Sunday?

jack white

After Hours
HSC
I am working 6pm (NYE) to 5am (New Year's Day)...so I have to scrap all other frickin plans. I don't think either NYE or NYD are any better in terms of rates, as they both fall on weekend days this year. The people working on Monday get double time and a half I reckon.

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
jack white said:
I am working 6pm (NYE) to 5am (New Year's Day)
If you don't mind me asking jack white, where do you work to get those kind of hours. Sorry to hear about bad pay this time of year especially if you have no other choice but to work.

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
theone123 said:
so who's working on NYE?

another question, NYE and christmas eve don't attract double time and half? :(

hehehe...no NYE

but i worked chrissy eve from 8pm to 3am christmas day :(

and i feel sorry for you all, because from what i know, it's normal rates (no special holiday rates) :(

G

Gavvvvvin

jack white said:
The people working on Monday get double time and a half I reckon.
Yupp.

Im doing 9-5 NYE eve and 9-5 NYD.

Looks like an early night for me :eek:

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
ahh this will be the first year since i was 14 that i haven't worked on NYE... last year doesn't count because i was overseas :p

and no, you don't get double pay :(

jebbie

imrad. yourerad. letshug.
HSC
Im working NYE. Yeh regular pay, but its 10am till 3pm. I still have time to go home get changed and end up in the city on time :D

Its a teeny shift and no one is going to be up shopping on NYE, forget about it. So Im fine about working it

Meads

Drummer Boy
HSC
yeh, the public holidays for this xmas/ny season has been shit...both eves on a sat and xmas/ny on a sunay...spewing. I am too magget to work out how often that happens. However NYE of Xmas is never a public holidays...and if a public holiday ever falls on a sunday, it is never 'p.h pay', only sunday pay. Weird workings of the law.

UGFighter

HSC
I'm working 7:15pm - 3:15am... I'm not fussed, I've been drinking way too much alcohol the past few months and I've told myself I'm cutting back sometime soon... after this beer I'm just about to finish, maybe I can go until next year without alcohol :p

Anyway, I will have seat of the house on the water from the top of the ferry to see the fireworks.. don't think many people will be on the boat because they want to see the fireworks and don't get on it :)

Got 6:15-10:15pm NYD as well... it's all $$$ though which I need to get myself out of debt from all the alcohol I've been drinking.

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
I'm working on NYE from 7pm to 7am... it's the busiest night of the year at our family business. It's super full on, but at least the time flies because you are totally run off your feet! I also had the joy of working Christmas eve 10pm to 7am.... fun fun, our business means the chances of ever going out on a weekend when I am home are slim.

Scanorama

HSC
Working NYE from 7pm to midnight. Hope they will call me in on Monday, they called me in for 26/27. 5 hours shift each, gold

kalli

HSC
working NYD 9-2 for normal pay... just like i worked xmas day for normal pay... I HATE YOU STEVE R BRACKS!!!

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
I just got home from work, so yes, I worked NYE, but thankfully for some unknown reason I got a morning shift (neeeeeever get them!) so it hasn't cut into my drinking time. Fuck, it was chaotic though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)