Working Overseas/Potential Further Study (1 Viewer)

hfis

Dyslexic Fish
HSC
N/A
I tried solving this myself, but so far all my searches have been fruitless. It's probably a case of me not knowing exactly what to look for, which is where I hope this forum can help me.

Including this year, I have two years left of my degree. After that, the plan was to get my GDLP and qualify as a solicitor, and then go on my merry way working.

However, more recently I've been considering doing some further study in law - namely, an LLM. And because I'm English and secretly still love the country, I'd like to go over to the UK to do it (I have a whole bunch of specific programs I'm looking at that are beyond the scope of this topic). This raises the question of how I would pay for said LLM and support myself while doing it, the obvious answer for which is 'work as a lawyer'.

I did some research, and apparently in order to 'convert' from a solicitor admitted in NSW to one admitted in England/Wales, I would have to demonstrate 'at least two years work experience [I'm assuming PQE here] in a common law jurisdiction.' I could get this by working in Australia, but what I would rather do is work overseas - which creates a bit of a paradox, seeing as I wouldn't be admitted in the relevant jurisdiction.

Which brings me to the point of the post:
1) I've heard that Australian graduates are currently in demand as far as overseas firms are concerned
2) Many of these firms are English
3) All you need for these jobs in terms of qualification is to be admitted in Australia

So does anyone know where I should be looking/what I should be doing to land one of these?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)