How hard will it be?

stazi

Nightman
HSC
the same as it would be with one major and more electives

Tommy_69

Old Member
HSC
so stasi ur saying either way (1 major or 2) u will end up having the same workload?

stazi

Nightman
HSC
You are doing the same number of credit points for your degree. More or less, every unit of study is the same in terms of workload (some may be a bit more intense when they shouldn't be - GOVT1406 :p). If you do one major and the rest electives you do 4 units/semester for three years. If you do three majors and the rest electives you do 4 units/semester for three years.

Tommy_69

Old Member
HSC
atm im enrolled in claw1001 (sem1) and claw 1002 for sem2. but if i want to do 2 majors being com law and eco. i need to also do eco and bus statistics 1b which i cannot do as im doing my coreunits + both com laws in the 1st year. can i do that core subject along with the major in 2nd year or will my degree be lenghtened stas?

Tommy_69

Old Member
HSC
i just really wana know whats wrong with claw 1002. Would it be wise for me to do eco and bus statistics 1b in sem 2 and then do claw 2xxx in year 2 so that i can both major in eco and com law???

stazi

Nightman
HSC
it doesn't matter when you do your core units for commerce. one can do ecmt1010 in 3rd year, for instance (if you can continue with your majors without it, of course).
plan out your degree and see if it all works out.

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
Argonaut said:
I do Business/Economics at Armidale, and like stas said, it's no different to doing a single degree. The only thing that really changes is the amount of time you'll be at university in terms of years, both I and the guys who do a single degree all have about 18-20 hours a week of work to be doing.
Get out.

stazi said:
plan out your degree and see if it all works out.
Good advice that.

Be sure to include all core units for your degree and then all required units for each of the two majors. Also, be aware of prerequisites. They may dictate the order that you have to do the units in.

For now though, Id be getting all of my core B. Commerce units out of the way, since there is like at least a years worth for you '06 newbs. Then start scheduling your majors. However, if your not sure that these are the two majors you want to complete then do them this semester straight away and see how you enjoy them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)