-Workplace Relations Amendment Act
-Labour Market Reforms
-AWA
-Certified Agreements
-non disadvantage test
-Productivity & Wage as affected by AWA's

can anyone help me with this???

ASAP
The workplace relations act was the precurser to workchoices.

It was put through in 1996, and has been altered a few times since then, howevor you need to focus on workchoices not the workplace relation act. The syllabus is already out of date. They wont be testing this directly. You should howevor know what changes exist in workchocies (therefore you need some understanding of the old system)

Labour market reforms - decentralisation of wage determination. Just know workchoices back to front

awa - individual certified agreements introduced under the workplace relations act. Aimed at allowing flexibility in the negotiation process.

collective certified agreements - agreements worked at the workplace level. Provides more flexibility than awards but not as much as awa's. Introduced under working nation reforms under keating.

No-disadvantage test - implemented by the office of the employment advocate who makes sure that no-one moving from an award to a certified agreement or awa is worse off in net terms than they would be under the award. This was abolished after workchoices. Doesn't exist anymopre

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Note though that the 'Workplace Relations Act 1996' continues to be the legislation that governs Australian I.R.

The 'Workplace Relations amendment (Workchoices) Act 2005' merley amends the existing act, it does not replace/repeal it.

_BaadShah_

HSC
Textbooks do have the informations. Look into another textbook certainly should have it.

I done legal studies hsc last year and the books we had, had those information in them. Macquarie books had it.

cheers

_BaadShah_

HSC
sorry. But meant the rest of what the person is asking.
like certified agreements..non disadv test. labour reforms.

cheers, ash

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)