Workshop at Wenona this sunday. (1 Viewer)

jasonn

HSC
Dude I can't believe I paid for this and they didn't check for tickets once. So easy to just sneak into.

A lot of it covered stuff I already knew. But then again, it did help get me thinking things for my report (it's due first week back).

In the SS segment she made us move around and explain our concept to a total stranger - that was scary but it helped find the right words to explain it which will also help with the upcoming report. She said we needed to have a draft done by now. I barely started writing.

The reflection statement guy was entertaining at the end, but he spoke about himself too much and we missed a lot of examples.

were you in the small gym or the big gym for the ss session?

HSC
Dude I can't believe I paid for this and they didn't check for tickets once. So easy to just sneak into.
^ I know! I thought they were going to be very strict with checking tickets.

I went to the critical response workshops and it was very helpful, but some of it was very obvious.

With the reflection statement, we did miss out on some really good examples.

Overall, a good day :)

showy

HSC
Pretty much complete waste of time.

The guy doing the last session on Reflection Statements was funny though.

I went for short stories and we got separated into a smaller group and went upstairs and got told stuff we already knew.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
What? I got sent to the upper room and we just got the Short Story thing lecture-style. It's also why we were late 15 minutes to the first break and late 5 minutes for the lunch break <_<

RS guy was... interesting, but I hated how he kept skipping through slides. I WAS WRITING STUFF FROM THEM! Geez.

Overall, I think it was good to see what kind of people did Extension 2, mostly girls, mostly Caucasian. What can I take from that? Well, nothing much because I'd go into stereotypes.

showy

HSC
Yeah i was in the same session as you, (blonde girl, green stripes) the woman that held ours was knowledgeable, but not all that helpful.

Aha, same. I was just checking out the competition and the stereotypes.

css

HSC
it was ok. but really, my teacher has been telling us all that stuff for ages now anyway. the guy at the end was annoying, but with some decent advice.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Yeah i was in the same session as you, (blonde girl, green stripes) the woman that held ours was knowledgeable, but not all that helpful.

Aha, same. I was just checking out the competition and the stereotypes.
Because I could really tell you apart from all the other blondes that went =P

To make a point, I was the person with the green jacket.

showy

HSC
Why not?

A guy in the second or third row from the back sitting on the last seat in the row was wearing a green jacket.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
I wasn't paying attention to the other people =P

But yes, I was in the back <_<

Dammit, how come your memory is better than mine...?

showy

HSC
hahah i win :)

It isn't better, I just got so bored I spent most of my time checking out everyone around me. Ex2 is very female and Caucasian.

oh and your mate in the yellow kept on looking at me very intently (idk why)

Essjaybee

HSC
were you in the small gym or the big gym for the ss session?
Small gym.

What? I got sent to the upper room and we just got the Short Story thing lecture-style. It's also why we were late 15 minutes to the first break and late 5 minutes for the lunch break <_<

RS guy was... interesting, but I hated how he kept skipping through slides. I WAS WRITING STUFF FROM THEM! Geez.

Overall, I think it was good to see what kind of people did Extension 2, mostly girls, mostly Caucasian. What can I take from that? Well, nothing much because I'd go into stereotypes.
Hi. I'm a stereotype :)

But seriously when the first chick from last year was talking... and she did the girly bimbo laugh thing... part of me died. But she did a critical and was invited to speak so i guess she can't have dont that badly and i'm judging her based solely on the way she spoke, laughed and her hair colour.

showy

HSC
But seriously when the first chick from last year was talking... and she did the girly bimbo laugh thing... part of me died. But she did a critical and was invited to speak so i guess she can't have dont that badly and i'm judging her based solely on the way she spoke, laughed and her hair colour.

Hey now, I'm blonde and was the dux in yr 11! Bad, bad, bad stereotype!

But yeah, she did sound a bit dopey, though very encouraging, but I suppose she must have done super well to be invited to speak.

The last guy that spoke in that section was good 'i was fashionably late public transport rah rah', the others not so much.

Essjaybee

HSC
Hey now, I'm blonde and was the dux in yr 11! Bad, bad, bad stereotype!

But yeah, she did sound a bit dopey, though very encouraging, but I suppose she must have done super well to be invited to speak.

The last guy that spoke in that section was good 'i was fashionably late public transport rah rah', the others not so much.
Lol I don't take hair colour into account unless they speak in a way that suits the stereotype.

The fashionably late guy sounded a little more stuck up, but I suppose that did make him seem more intelligent than the others somehow.

It was weird being somewhere dominated by white chicks. My school is almost completely asian - It was really weird for me. I'm used to being the minority.

The reflectionstatement guy should have spent less time discussing his life because i really wanted to see what was on all the slides, but it was sort of interesting.

Lol i was lucky at lunch - possibly the first from the ee2 thing at subway. 2 minutes later, oporto and subway were packed with lines outside.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Err showy, I didn't have any mate with me... I think you have the wrong person in the green jacket, as I wasn't sitting next to anyone.

But yeah the blonde one was questionable... but I phased out as she did critical response, and waited for the short story person. Then I found three of them did critical responses... and them I'm like 60% do short stories and you get one of four to speak about them? GREAT PLANNING.

It's kinda weird talking about all this to you all, as I haven't seen any of you before (sorry showy!) and yet, I have as you were all obviously present to talk about these things. I'm quite confuzzled, atm.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Lol I don't take hair colour into account unless they speak in a way that suits the stereotype.

The fashionably late guy sounded a little more stuck up, but I suppose that did make him seem more intelligent than the others somehow.

It was weird being somewhere dominated by white chicks. My school is almost completely asian - It was really weird for me. I'm used to being the minority.

The reflectionstatement guy should have spent less time discussing his life because i really wanted to see what was on all the slides, but it was sort of interesting.

Lol i was lucky at lunch - possibly the first from the ee2 thing at subway. 2 minutes later, oporto and subway were packed with lines outside.
So that's where all of you people went. I was stuck in the 'quadrangle' (as that is what it is called apparently) wondering, where the hell is everyone? Don't we have a session soon?

Then you all came back - and I still didn't know why you left. I assumed you were all in the Big Gym eating lunch.

Essjaybee

HSC
Lol I know its like you guys were right there, but I never met any of you. My halfcaste friend felt the need to point out every 10 seconds the lack of asians in the room.

showy

HSC

Aha yeah I agree, my school is dominated by Asians and Indians. The white-ness was crazy.

The last guy did skip a lot of slides, as he was skipping through them I saw all this random stuff on the slides like the words 'fuck yourself' and a pic of Ali-G, wtf.

By the time we got to oporto and subway they were packed so i was like meh go without, some really skinny chick walked past with a punnet of blueberries and two bottles of water for lunch. i was like, massive fail.

showy

HSC
Err showy, I didn't have any mate with me... I think you have the wrong person in the green jacket, as I wasn't sitting next to anyone.

But yeah the blonde one was questionable... but I phased out as she did critical response, and waited for the short story person. Then I found three of them did critical responses... and them I'm like 60% do short stories and you get one of four to speak about them? GREAT PLANNING.

It's kinda weird talking about all this to you all, as I haven't seen any of you before (sorry showy!) and yet, I have as you were all obviously present to talk about these things. I'm quite confuzzled, atm.

Aha no I've got the right person, this guy was a few seats away, maybe row infront, idk
But thats besides the point:)

Essjaybee

HSC
So that's where all of you people went. I was stuck in the 'quadrangle' (as that is what it is called apparently) wondering, where the hell is everyone? Don't we have a session soon?

Then you all came back - and I still didn't know why you left. I assumed you were all in the Big Gym eating lunch.
Lol yeah everyone went to buy fast food in the 1 hour break. We came back 20 minutes early and sat in the middle of the quadrangle. There were so many tadpoles in their pond.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)