World Idol Aftermath (1 Viewer)

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
STUNNED "American Idol" champ Kelly Clarkson (news) abruptly left the set of "World Idol" New Years' night after fans snubbed her in favor of a gap-toothed plumber from Norway.
Clarkson, who had been favored to win the competition, appeared dazed by the loss and did not stick around to congratulate Kurt Nilsen, 24, the good-natured father of two who won.

Clarkson placed second.

"We didn't get to talk. I think she went back to her hotel I guess," Nilsen told The Post yesterday.

The talk of the "Idol" world yesterday was how upset Clarkson appeared on the show, which was taped Thursday afternoon in London and broadcast through various time zones across the world.

She appeared to grow increasingly disgruntled as the votes from different regions were tallied and it became clear she was losing to an otherwise-unknown singer from a small Scandinavian country.

Nilsen is a fan of Clarkson. He traveled all the way to New York from Norway last year to hear her sing at Giant Stadium.

It was his first trip to the U.S.

Kurt, too, seemed surprised he could not find her after the show.

"Everybody wanted to talk to me and take pictures," he said. "I didn't get a chance to say goodbye."

What was clear was that winning the first annual showdown of "Idol" winners from around the world will change the young man's life dramatically.

His single is being a released this week in England and discussions are underway to see if it will get a U.S. release.

"We have to now take the next couple of weeks to have meetings," says his manager Jan Fredrik.

If his record is released here, Nilsen will have to deal again with the idea that he doesn't have the classic good looks of a pop music idol.

Despite his new, relative wealth, Kurt says he will not have his teeth fixed to remove what has become his trademark - a wide space between his front teeth. "I'm really happy the way I am because if I changed my look I think people would think that I had [sold out]," Nilsen said.

Nilsen returned to Norway yesterday after spending New Year's day in a London studio were the holiday show was filmed.

He was greeted at the airport in the seaside city of Bergen, by thousands of hysterical fans, a marching band the city's mayor and other assorted dignitaries. He later was congratulated via phone by Norway's Prime Minister.

It was Nilsen's strong performance of U2's hit "Beautiful Day" in a "World Idol" special that aired on Christmas Day that left "Idol" judges and millions of viewers from around the world star-struck and ultimately helped him snare the title of "World Idol."

The show aired in more than 22 countries and was seen by millions of viewers.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/pagesix/20040103/en_pagesix/kellyranoutwhenkurtwon

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
ah man... how shattering for kelly. LOL

glad she didnt win. :p

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Survivor39
Why did Kelly got "snubbed" at?? :confused:
they mean that the fans 'snubbed' kelly and didnt vote for her, but instead kurt
you could see her face drop everytime kurts name was above hers
i heard on the radio today she had some huge hissy fit-dunno though.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
haha, if it's true hahaha! i am SO glad she didn't win! she did appear dazed during the show though

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
lol, and stereotypical is all it is. unfortunately, she is a stereotype.

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
Originally posted by PrettyNoose
and who remembers the name of the world idol?
not me.
me. kurt nilsen LOL

again, im glad kelly didnt win.

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
Her face dropped? When? I didn't notice it.
LOL are u serious?! did u watch the show at all?! LOL :p

edit: everytime kurt's votes were read out, kelly was shown on tv, and her face says it all...

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
i think if there had have been a couple more countries,then kellys bottom lip probably would have poked out, her arms crossed and her jaw set...shouls just be greatful there was only the 11

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Kurt is Kelly's fan too! And went to see her concert.

Well it's not nice when you got beaten by your fan. :rofl:

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
tooheyz, can you stop saying:

It annoys me.....
hahahah sorry to annoy ya dood! just thought i would reinforce my opinions to everyone! LOL

yeah aint if funny betting ur 'idol'???
hahaha how ironic!

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
lol, that is funny

yes she was expressionless, but more blank, like dazed, which means possible disappointment

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Just to go off the topic a little bit.
I taped World Idol and I just can't stop laughing at the World's Top 10 worst auditioning....:rofl:

Moonlight shadow........:rofl:

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
hahaha im surprised no aussies made it in! (is my memory right?!)

LOL that chick with the wierd WEIRD voice shoulda been on it...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)