World Idol (1 Viewer)

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
I really look forward to the World Idol when Idols from America (Kelly Clarkson), UK (will Young) Idols from Germany, France, Oland, South Africa, Australia.....coming together to compete for the title of World Idol! How exciting!

In the meanwhile we have to wait for stupid Guy to win the Australian Idol first. *sighs*

I hope Kelly wins World Idol. but then again, I only knows about 4 Idols so far. (2 from the US, 1 from UK and Guy).

ezzy85

hmm...yeah.....
HSC
N/A
theyve had 2 series. hows the voting thing work? international calls?

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Originally posted by ezzy85
theyve had 2 series. hows the voting thing work? international calls?
lol. too expensive! lol

I think they will somehow find a special phone line so everyone pay the same amount or something. Or it could be a free call! But you can only call once from one phone or something.

deyveed

School Leaver
HSC
Obviously there will be some bias as many people will vote for their own country's contestants.

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Originally posted by deyveed
Obviously there will be some bias as many people will vote for their own country's contestants.
I'm not voting for Australia's Guy.......

MoNNiE

HSC
there is actually going to be a world idol?!! yesh.. i wonder where that will be held... please not in America!!

Angelic_Angel88

Miss Guided
HSC
Originally posted by truly-in-bliss
.... i dont lyk kelly carkson..she has a good voice defiantlei..but its more lyk screaming voice than a sining one... such as guy's voice..
One of my friends said the same thing too.

I love Kelly Clarkson, she has such an amazing presence on stage. She is a brilliant performer, and has an AMAZING voice. I'd love to sing and perform like that, and I hardly say that about anyone!

I don't love her current stuff, but I don't dislike it. Her performances on American Idol were absolutely brilliant! If you download ANYTHING by Kelly, download her performances on that show. Absolutely brilliant! :D

deyveed

School Leaver
HSC
Originally posted by truly-in-bliss
world idol sounds exciting indeed.... i dont lyk kelly carkson..she has a good voice defiantlei..but its more lyk screaming voice than a sining one... such as guy's voice..

Her screaming voice is the hardest type of singing to master.
If you can scream such perfect notes then you've already made it. Thats why people love Celine Dion. Even though Cosima couldn't sing the softer notes properly, she could scream and belt out music very strongly. Thats why people love her so much.
I'm digressing for a bit here. Lets get back to World Idol.

N

ND

You won't be allowed to vote for the person from your own country.

N

ND

If you can scream such perfect notes then you've already made it. Thats why people love Celine Dion. Even though Cosima couldn't sing the softer notes properly, she could scream and belt out music very strongly. Thats why people love her so much.
I don't think that's what truly-in-bliss means by 'screaming voice'.

truly-in-bliss

my love is like woah!
HSC
Originally posted by Angelic_Angel88
I don't love her current stuff, but I don't dislike it. Her performances on American Idol were absolutely brilliant! If you download ANYTHING by Kelly, download her performances on that show. Absolutely brilliant! :D
yeah i am not dissing her or anything..her voice is definately amazing..but she uses it soo often..so its sorta less exciting in a way compared to lyk if u build it up.... another reason i prob dont lyk her as much is cuz of her music.....it doesnt have any flavour... i have heard her faithful CD... and its not that amazing in terms of melodies etc... her amazing voice is there..but her songs sorta suck..and in effect cheapens her voice..

Originally posted by ND
I don't think that's what truly-in-bliss means by 'screaming voice'.
yeah ND.... like i said previousli..her voice is good..nothing wrog with it..but she does the high note sooo often there is no climax... whereas performers such as guy... they build it up... which i find is more engaging..

juggernaut

HSC
maybe it will all be web-based.. or sms based
i dont get how it will be done via phone

maybe it's just a contest judged by the actual judges to see who 'really' is the best

doubt that but.. no money then..
this show could possibly be the most watched show ever???

N

ND

Originally posted by juggernaut
maybe it will all be web-based.. or sms based
i dont get how it will be done via phone

maybe it's just a contest judged by the actual judges to see who 'really' is the best

doubt that but.. no money then..
this show could possibly be the most watched show ever???
That wouldn't really be a problem; people could just call/sms a number in their respective countries, then at the end the total votes from all countries would be summed.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by crazylilmonkee
did guy win?
not yet, he will on the 19 nov

so when he wins, i hope he wins world idol... until i see all of them and decide that i want someone else to win

so they may have that you can't vote for your own county, but then a lot of people won't vote at all so they won't be giving votes to another country

are they going to have just kelly, or both the US idols?

juggernaut

HSC
Originally posted by ND
That wouldn't really be a problem; people could just call/sms a number in their respective countries, then at the end the total votes from all countries would be summed.
haha oh yeh ay.. that makes sense

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)