• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

World Order - Peaceful settlement of disputes Assessment (1 Viewer)

chemicalace

hey, i have an assessment due in a week for world order on 'the effectivness of legal measures for the peaceful settlement of disputes' and im a little lost, there isnt much info available on the legality of the issue, most of the stuff i have focuses on more of the powers and mission of the UN. Any help would be greatly appreciated, its due in a week :-( now for the 100 pages of reading on peaceful resolution of disputes written by Kofi...:chainsaw:

Last edited:

~*HSC 4 life*~

HSC
N/A
sorry i can't help you yet! we're startign world order tommrow! and i don't know anyone else on BOS who does this focus study :(

santaslayer

HSC
Usually 'effectiveness' related questions are quite subjective. You will get good marks in whatever you say as long as you can justify it. Legal and non legal measures should be accounted for. International treaties, media cases, statistics, newspaper articles and journals should also be used to justify your response. A band six will always require copious amounts of sources.
Everything you need in terms of theory should be found in your particular text. No time should be spent on gathering theory that can be easily found in your textbook.
Any further, more specific questions should be directed to this particular thread. :)

Tenille

the one & only
HSC
i should know in a few weeks. i am really really REALLY starting to dislike legal...

Tenille

the one & only
HSC
no its just in my class all i do is sit there and do all my work at home. its just yeah.

now why on earth would i want to do that? :confused:

santaslayer

HSC
Does your teacher talk a lot? Our teacher used to talk a lot. He used to tell us his life story. We did our work at home and heard these stories on a routine basis, it became a ritual. :p

Don't worry, most legal classes are like that! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)