World Order... ugh (1 Viewer)

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
Ive been doing notes on the World Order syllabus and ive just found two points that my teacher failed to mention even existed! Maybe someone can help me...?
The points are:
* The role of internatonal tribunals (this one i can sorta understand but what tribunals are there apart from the ICJ and maybe the ICC and adhocs?
and...
* The role of Australias federal structure in determining Australias responce to the search for World Order
Any help would be greatly appreciated! :)
Good luck in the HSC... 20 days.... aargh!!!

meh

for the role of international tribunals, there really isnt anything else in our syllabus other than the ICJ and the ICC and their ad hocs - and you would never get this as an essay just on its own, it's too brief!

and

for the role of aust federal structure bla blah, you need to outline state and federal governments and the process of enacting/ratifying new international laws, fresh from the UN or from treaties and all that. You need to mention that it is only when international agreements are made part of australian law, australia can be 'tried' if she breaks them. Talk about sovereignty its always a good bullshity thing to spiel on about. Also, you need to bring some examples of Australia's response to the search for world order to the table, such as the new terrorist legislation. talk about the fact that our ministers and delegates are integral contributors to the UN process, and make up some media reports to go with that (stalk Downer). on yeah and dont forget to mention 1 what is world order 2 why is there a need for world order

ok i think that's about it...pm me if ya want some more info

Anna

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
Thank you so much, it makes a lot more sense now. i cant believe my teacher didnt even mention it!

ur info has helped me a lot Anna! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)