World Politics (1 Viewer)

KarmaKitten

HSC
Am I the only one bored out of my brain in this course and annoyed with the lack of seating?

And has anyone checked out the assignment,
its just a research plan basically right?

stazi

Nightman
HSC
This course is sooooooo riveting!!!!! .... NOT!
cwotididthere?

His manner of speaking sends me to sleep. Really. It's horrible. I've never been in a lecture that had that effect on me.

the assignment will be explained in more details in the next 2 weeks during tutes. what time is your tute.

kthbi.

dugeh

HSC
N/A
I can no longer tolerate Gil Merom. Why does the uni employ him as a lecturer?

The combination of his heavy (Israeli?) accent, incomprehensibly structured lectures and tangential trips make him impossible to tolerate for two hours.

Just look at his lecture notes for the introductory lecture on Blackboard. Can you imagine more misery in a two hour capsule? Maybe a Bette Midler movie....

I'm no longer attending his lectures. I'm sure the tutes and textbook will compensate.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
apparently there'll be exam questions taken directly from his lectures.

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
You know, I hated Gil with a passion as well in my first year. But then, after taking another course in my second year (it was a toss-up between his course and anothers) he actually grew on me. And some people really love him to bits.

It really just depends on the individual. I'd love to tell you it'll get better, but it doesn't. Are you guys in Eastern Avenue for the lectures? That was always the bit I found the worst as the seats were soft and squishy in those lectures to, so falling asleep was a piece of cake.

Oz

HSC
He makes a suprisingly good tutor if you get him. Expands and clarifies on what he talks about in the leatures - just make sure you have done the readings as he randomly asks questions about them to individual ppl.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
i wish i had him as a tutor. i think that'd be a great opportunity to actually understand him. i have some other bloke - he seems like a decent guy.

snakeoils

Why do I have this?
HSC
Do you guys still have a multiple choice exam? If so, its pretty much straight from the readings...

stazi

Nightman
HSC
hey baby. yeah its multiple choice. im not too worried about it. im more worried about the 40% essgay coming up : (

stazi

Nightman
HSC
you can choose a different topic. also, it's not due until next week. i pwned that mini-essay.

myg0t

myg0t
HSC
stazi said:
you can choose a different topic. also, it's not due until next week. i pwned that mini-essay.

Stas good to see you still run the forums around here.

Hoping to make it to mondays lecture for riveting theory from Iaiaiaian Black.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Anyone else started on the assignment? About 600 words done. I've realised how good I am at bullshitting on issues that I hardly know anything about. I somehow realised that there's this problem in rational choice theory and the way that it is applied and now should have a really unique essgay.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
1200 words :) Yay, more than half-way done. Earliest start to an assignment ever. I'm yet to use any references though, so hopefully I'll be able to find stuff to match my arguments.

/procrastingaytion

stazi

Nightman
HSC
total pwnage. 90% done. I'll do the rest tomorrow. However, I managed to disprove my theory accidentally as i continued my argument :( oh well.

c-town

HSC
Man i'm really regretting choosing this course, i hope i'm not the only one that has only been to a few lectures lol. this bloke in my tut who did it last year said the exam was the hardest thing he has ever done :(

stazi

Nightman
HSC
apparently the exam isn't too bad if youve done all the readings. make sure to memorise the author's names, too.

I've been to every lecture, but haven't gotten anything out of any of them (barr one). I don't know how it's possible but I simply can't listen to him. His accent is easy for me to understand, but I just can't concentrate on what he says. Sometimes I try, but then 'come to' in 10 minutes realising that I didn't absorb a single point.

what971

Now in Oriental Flavour!
HSC
N/A
So the exam's still multiple choice right? Missed last tute and lecture...

stazi

Nightman
HSC
haha you, of all people, are doing it. yes it's multiple choice. really hard multiple choice :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)