5.S.Tendulkar IND
6.J.Kallis SA
7.K Sanakarra SRI (wk)
8.S.Pollock SA
9.C,Vaas SRI
10.M.nuraliathand SRI
11.S.Harmison ENG
12.A.Flintoff ENG

Thats basically whom i would choose, vaughan will be captain, opening bowlers will be harmison and pollock. no pakistan players i dont any of them good enough to displace these players, and no new zealanders, perhaps Fleming might get in.

so wat do you think?

matt#1

HSC
N/A
HotShot said:
Rite these are the players i would choose for the restoftheworld vs Australia

Test Team

1.V.Sehwag IND
2.M.Vaughan ENG (c)
3.R.Dravid IND
4.B.Lara WI(vc)
5.S.Tendulkar IND
6.J.Kallis SA
7.K Sanakarra SRI (wk)
8.S.Pollock SA
9.C,Vaas SRI
10.M.nuraliathand SRI
11.S.Harmison ENG
12.A.Flintoff ENG

Thats basically whom i would choose, vaughan will be captain, opening bowlers will be harmison and pollock. no pakistan players i dont any of them good enough to displace these players, and no new zealanders, perhaps Fleming might get in.

so wat do you think?
I think that the team you chose is a great team. I dont think I would make any changes to it myself....though i did have some trouble identifying who no.10 was due to your attempted spelling of Muralitharan :)

ramanij

Michael Vaughn is a big no no choose Andrew Strauss adn Andrew FLintoff is not a new ball bowler i would choose Ifran pathan or Mathew Hoggard going by latest form and i rekon Brian lara should bat at 5 as he is simply more versatile then tendulkar as at times tendulkar chokes when the going gets tight

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
I'd pick..

1 Sehwag
2 Strauss
3 Dravid
4 Kallis
5 Lara
6 Flintoff
7 Sangakarra
8 Pollock
9 Vaas
10. Shoaib
11. Murali

Tendulkar's injured, and probably won't be in form by the time he gets back. For a bit of controversy, I might stick in Fleming instead of Lara at 5. He's no substitute as a batsman, but as a captain he can lead this team to victory against Australia again and again.

firehose

HSC
Oh finally a team that will surely give Australia a run for its money... can't wait for this

can't really complain with any of those suggested lists but i agree Vaughn isn't at top form at the moment, Strauss is excellent, and someone else should captain the World XI too, maybe Ganguly?

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
sehwag
strauss
dravid
kallis
lara
sangakara
flintoff
pollock
shaoib
murali

the 11th player could be tendulkar if he's fit or else kumble/vettori as it'll be a six days test at the scg

lara to captain, or if strauss loses form during the ashes, maybe have fleming/G Smith to open and captain

pollock and shaoib to open the bowling, flintoff at 1st change, kallis can also back up the pace department, murali is all you need for a spinner, but both kumble and vettori has had good records at the scg - (both are decent tailender batsmen), if tendulkar's fit, he can bowl some spin too.

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
I tell you what, Pieterson from England is looking like a star, hes started even better than Clarke. His career average so far is almost 150 in almost 10 matches

max

That which u feel becomes
HSC
Constip8edSkunk said:
sehwag
strauss
dravid
kallis
lara
sangakara
flintoff
pollock
shaoib
murali

the 11th player could be tendulkar if he's fit or else kumble/vettori as it'll be a six days test at the scg

lara to captain, or if strauss loses form during the ashes, maybe have fleming/G Smith to open and captain

pollock and shaoib to open the bowling, flintoff at 1st change, kallis can also back up the pace department, murali is all you need for a spinner, but both kumble and vettori has had good records at the scg - (both are decent tailender batsmen), if tendulkar's fit, he can bowl some spin too.

You took the words from my mouth, Thommo :cool:

HotShot

-_-
HSC
xi

i am bit strauss he is a bit inexpierenced, and hasnt played in australia yet. Vaughan destroyed last time around, also destroyed them in the ICC Champions Trophy.

Shoiab i can assure you will not be in the team, one beacuse he is injury prone and his long run ups mean he will bowly only a few overs a day and after his first spell he bowls too slow.

Pathan and Hoggard are good players, pathan is likely to be in the odi squad, but unsure of hoggard could replace pollock.

As for sachin tendulkar he always plays well in these kind of things regardless of form. He has been topscoring in the world cup every time. so you assured he will score a few runs at least a hundred.

well ODI TEAM:

1.Sehwag
2.Tendulket
3.Vaughan
4.Lara
5.Kallis
6.Flintoff
7.Sangakarra
8.Pathan
9.Vass
10.Murali
11. Harmison ?--not to keen on him, pollock up the order or play another spinner Vettori

Strauss will be in the odi team, perhaps replace tendulker if he doesnt play well prior to the test and odi matches.

Seraph

Now You've done it.......
HSC
N/A
1. Sehwag
2. Dravid
3. Strauss
4. Hoggard
5. Ntini
6. Afridi
7. Muralitharan
8. Sangakkara
9. Fleming
10. Vettori
11. Pieterson (possibly)

notice i left out Jayasuria (hahah this guy should be retired by now terrible form , Also i left out Vaas because im not too sure of his bowling at late... and i dont know why no one said Ntini , he is such a brilliant bowler.. was watching the ENG vs SA matches , man he is brilliant thundering pace and accuracy.
of course Strauss who i think argubly is one of the best batters for England.

May have put in Chandana from SL a good spin bowler , however with Murali and Vettori as well as Afridi (if needed) im sure they would be good :p

ramanij

Tendulkar is returning to cricket on Feb 22nd so he will ahve enough time to regain top form Tendulkar at the SCg in unstoppable same as Brian Lara. Replacing Lara with Fleming is absurd.No batsmen is a great batsmen without conquering Australia so i agree with the fact Strauss and Pietersen should not be included.however i might have a spot for big INzi

max

That which u feel becomes
HSC
angelduck said:
Does anyone think Aus has a chance of beating the World XI?
A champion team will always beat a team of champions.

HotShot

-_-
HSC
te

australia has a better chance of winning than the world xi because;
home ground
good team communication
damn good coach
half their team would be in the world xi if they were versing another country ie. zimbabwe or something.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
I certainly agree that Australia can win against a World XI....but it will undoubtably be a good, tough challenge for us. I expect that it will be a close game either way.

berghousemaa

HSC
1. Sehwag
2. Smith
3. Dravid
4. Lara
5. tandulker
6. Kallis
7. Sangakkara
8. Pollack
9. Kumble
10. Ntini
11. Murali

The opener cannot be Strauss, maybe Vaugh. Vaugn only because he had a good Ashes tour previously.
Smith or Gibbs are both good enough.
Dravid will captain.
Tandulker will be fine.
Kallis although I reckon warrants inclusion probably won't get picked. He dominated England in the recent series.
Sangakkara just edges out Boucher because he is the only one who can keep to Murali.
Pollack is so ridiculously good. His career averages are way better than say Ian Botham, he just rarely wins matches with the bat.
Kumble is in there because they're playing in Sydney and will thus want two spinners, especially considering the dearth of genuine fast bowlers and it's a six day test.
Ntini is the only decent fast bowler going around at the moment. Ever since he came to Aust he's matured a lot.
Murali picks himself.

No Poms. Flintoff is not good enough or conducive to this kind of team. Vaughn will probably get the final nod however. Anyone who still rates Harmison is high. I've been watching the RSA vs Eng ODI and Test series and he was rubbish. Average was 72.

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
berghousemaa said:
1. Sehwag
2. Smith
3. Dravid
4. Lara
5. tandulker
6. Kallis
7. Sangakkara
8. Pollack
9. Kumble
10. Ntini
11. Murali
dont you thikn that team is a bit lean on another genuine pace bowler?
I'd have Vettori over Kumble, for the extra batting insurance and have either Vass or Shoaib depending on form and fitness.

berghousemaa

HSC
copious said:
dont you thikn that team is a bit lean on another genuine pace bowler?
I'd have Vettori over Kumble, for the extra batting insurance and have either Vass or Shoaib depending on form and fitness.
I hate to leave Vaas out as he is the best stockbowler in the game. Maybe Vaas for Ntini but Ntini has gotten really good. Shoaib has no place in the team. He is as useless as that great athlete Inzy.
I reckon Kumble is better than Vettori. You raise a good point though because Vettori is both the stock and strike bowler for NZ so it doesn't really leave him much room to move.

doingHSC

HSC
This is the "possible team" stated in the daily telegraph 3rd Feb

tendulkar
vaughan
sehwag
kallis
lara
fleming
sangakkara
flintoff
kumble
muralitharan
harmison

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)