• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

World XI vs Australia (ICC Super Series) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rama_v

HSC
LaCe said:
Sehwag should not be in the test squad (too risky its like having Gayle)
Surprisingly I disagree with that, because Sehwag actually does better (MUCH BETTER) in tests than in ODI's, even though he has a fantastic strike rate in both forms of the game. He must just pick up the red ball easily lol. Plus, if he gets past 100, he almost always goes past 150...he can tear an attack apart (e.g. in melbourne) in 2 sessions

LaCe

chillin, killin, illin
HSC
Bookie said:
Hey, he's the only Indian with a 300, hes gotta be in there.

As for Jayasuiya, I think they dont want retirees in the squad.
Yeah true but its a "world XI" doesnt matter about retirees. Just need world class players. Shewag should be there but im really surpised that Sangakarra doesnt keep for both.

Anyway its a gun team. And wtf is up with these proposed 6 day games?
How many games do they play alltogether? Cant remember 3, 4?

TEST XI: Graeme Smith (capt), Virender Sehwag, Rahul Dravid (vc), Sachin Tendulkar, Brian Lara, Jacques Kallis, Andrew Flintoff, Shaun Pollock, Mark Boucher, Steve Harmison, Shoaib Akhtar, Muttiah Muralitharan

Well there is actually XII there but i think Kallis and Fintoff may be rotated but i dunno, its a hard decision. Vettori has to be left out for all the games (because he is just a token)

Really hope I could be there for these games. And during our HSC/STUVAC. Is everyone going to watch these (during breaks of course ;)) or just peek at the score once in a while?

I dunno what im going to do, prob just watch it during my breaks but it really sucks that it is during our HSC.

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
Last night I was compiling facts and figures and then the computer froze.

But basically, the whole crux of it was that Daniel Vettori has been more successful than Muttiah Muralidharan in Australia. Granted, Sri Lanka haven't played here as much as New Zealand, but for a bowler of Murali's class, you'd expect more than a bowling average of 130 or so (from memory) against Australia in Australia.

There's no use rotating Kallis and Flintoff. These two, along with Andrew Symonds, are the three best all-rounders in world cricket.

Kallis and Freddy should be playing in everything.

Harmison still admits that he experiences home sickness. If one of the ODIs is being played in Brisbane, I can't wait for him to revisit his demons there... at least, I think it was the Gabba.

14 ball overs in a Test match? I mean, who the hell can manage to bowl eight wides in one over in a TEST match?!?

Good times.

tasha1188

Forever is overrated!!
HSC
so pissed off coz the games are on during the hsc meanin i cant go and i realli wanted to go to these matches...and there are no one dayers in sydney :( ...damn the HSC :p

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
Yeah. Anyway continuing on,Sachin out. It gives Inzi the sook some hope, though he has been in good form of late. I hope the World XI plays 2 spinners in Vettori and Murali. The one dayers should be a cracker.

Anyway i got my tix today, 3rd day Walters1 stand Row B. I got no idea what the seats are like, I picked the cheapest ones.

Jimmy_B

HSC
Bookie said:
Bump.

I just thought that this thread would be more relevant seeing that the Ashes are finsihed.

how about a big cricket thread, like we have for the football codes?

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
Bookie said:
Did they tell you how many were left copious?
Well only one section is sold out, Silver Concourse. So there should be plenty left.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)