Worlds of Upheaval Essay Questions (1 Viewer)

may22

HSC
Hey guys,
anyone know of any resources to locate practice essay questions for the elective Worlds of Upheaval?

I already know I can look at past trial/HSC papers, and I've come across a thread on ATAR Notes as well, but was wondering if there's any other place I might be able to get my hands on some? Tbh, I feel like X1 resources are quite limited compared to adv

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
You are right to identify that while the English Extension 1 section within the Notes & Resources section contains several resources, most of those are developed to support a previous version of the syllabus, meaning that there are few resources that are consistent with the current syllabus. Based on this, and as a current HSC student, you are definitely encouraged to contribute your own English Extension 1 material, which can assist current and future students and allow them to avoid facing the same problem! :)

On a different note, in an effort to assist you, here are a few practice essay questions that you can have a look at and use to supplement your preparations:

1- To what extent has your study of ideas and values in Worlds of Upheaval enhanced your understanding of the relationship between traditional values and personal values?

In your response, refer to TWO of your prescribed texts and at least ONE related text of your own choosing.

2- How do the texts represent an upheaval of faith and how do texts invite an audience to reconsider solace, justice and restoration?

3- "A primary function of art and thought is to liberate the individual from the tyranny of his culture in the environmental sense and to permit him to stand beyond it in an autonomy of perception and judgment." Lionel Trilling

Write an essay in which you evaluate the truth of this statement with the respect to the texts that you have studied in the elective Worlds of Upheaval.

I hope this helps! 😄

may22

HSC
You are right to identify that while the English Extension 1 section within the Notes & Resources section contains several resources, most of those are developed to support a previous version of the syllabus, meaning that there are few resources that are consistent with the current syllabus. Based on this, and as a current HSC student, you are definitely encouraged to contribute your own English Extension 1 material, which can assist current and future students and allow them to avoid facing the same problem! :)

On a different note, in an effort to assist you, here are a few practice essay questions that you can have a look at and use to supplement your preparations:

1- To what extent has your study of ideas and values in Worlds of Upheaval enhanced your understanding of the relationship between traditional values and personal values?

In your response, refer to TWO of your prescribed texts and at least ONE related text of your own choosing.

2- How do the texts represent an upheaval of faith and how do texts invite an audience to reconsider solace, justice and restoration?

3- "A primary function of art and thought is to liberate the individual from the tyranny of his culture in the environmental sense and to permit him to stand beyond it in an autonomy of perception and judgment." Lionel Trilling

Write an essay in which you evaluate the truth of this statement with the respect to the texts that you have studied in the elective Worlds of Upheaval.

I hope this helps! 😄
Thanks @jimmysmith560 !
I'll definitely try to contribute where I can in the near future :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)