Worried about orientation! (1 Viewer)

only_me

HSC
Who else is completly scared to go to orientation? Please say you are because I am petrified! I looked at my timetable on the website, and most of the activities on the first day are social, like BBQs, music and entertainment, a football game and "getting to know each other." Now, I would usually enjoy these kinds of things, but what fun are they without your friends? I know the point of it is to make friends, but it takes me awhile to make friends, so I know I'll be sitting by myself the whole day. Does anybody else feel like this?!

SweetSeasons

HSC
yeah.. the start of uni.. it's kinda forced on you to make friends... which kinda sucks.

But don't stress it all works out ok by end of 2nd semester

T

talene

only_me said:
Who else is completly scared to go to orientation? Please say you are because I am petrified! I looked at my timetable on the website, and most of the activities on the first day are social, like BBQs, music and entertainment, a football game and "getting to know each other." Now, I would usually enjoy these kinds of things, but what fun are they without your friends? I know the point of it is to make friends, but it takes me awhile to make friends, so I know I'll be sitting by myself the whole day. Does anybody else feel like this?!
haha yeah, i am going to be a massive loner during o-week, but i'll probably only go to one of the days so it shouldn't be for too long

ACU_chicka

HSC
HEY GUYS.....

Im on the SCSA committee.... i have been organising orientation week with the ther members... and first of all congrats for gettin into the BEST uni ;)

You will have fun, and dont feel pressured to make friends, just enjoy yourself... its a horrible feeling not knowing n e one, but remember that everyone is in the same boat.. and to just be urself and enjoy ur up coming year at ACU...

we promis u that u will enjoy it here ;)

HUGS TO U ALLL CANT WAIT TO MEET U ALL DURING ORIENTATION as well as meeting you through the year ahead ;)

WISHING U ALL THE BEST AND SEE U ON THE 13th ;)

only_me

HSC
"ACU chicka" I hope everyone at ACU is as nice as you sound! Just wondering, do we have to go every day of orientation, or is it just recommended? And another question, what do we do when we arrive? Where do we go and who do we speak to and about what? I know I sound dumb, but I'm just really nervous

T

talene

i'm only going on the compulsory day which is tuesday, but i may go the day before because i will be nearby and haven't seen the campus yet. o-week is a whole lot of repetetive stuff you probably already know (like note taking, 'student life', referencing etc.), only go to the compulsory days :)

only_me

HSC
Would it be ok to go on the Monday and leave early if it's not that good?

T

talene

I don't know. Find out which day is compulsory for you and just go to that and clear up any confusions while you are there to save you from going back later during O-week.

Bree1987

Anarchronistic Enigma
HSC
hey guys i'm pretty nervous too, as no one i know is going to acu. and only one other person i know is moving to sydney!
but i suppose everyone will be in the same boat and nervous about meeting new people too
so i hope you all have a good o-week and maybe i'll meet u =)

ACU_chicka

HSC
HEY GUYS,

nothing to worry about... and yes everyone at ACU is fantastic and friendly.. i promise ;)

it is advised that u go everyday, but it is not compulsory (u didnt hear that from me) hehehe the first day however is a must Monday the 13th, as this is where u will get ur photo taken for uni card, plus get it on the spot... im hoping it will be first day... if plans change before we go ill let u all know....

on the first day u will go through uni tours, knowing the library having lectures for ur course, tellng u what is expected etc this will not go for long... when u get to uni u will know where to go because there will be lots of people there to help if u look or actually lost... but as u park ur car or get dropped off, or come from whereever, u will ssee a long line full of new students like urself, getting NAME TAGS :) this will all be explained to u once u arrive... so if ur the first to arrive we will look after u..... and dont worry we will be there from 500am if not earlier.. so u wont be isolated hehehe...

u guys will be soooooo fine ;) trust me, ACU is more of a friendly high school environment n e ways more than a SYDNEY UNI like atmosphere, where u meet a new face everyday.. acu u will get to know a lot of people if not EVERYONE on campus ;)
remember to be urself, have fun... and enjoy it ;)

if u do need help with n e thing... dont hesitate to ask ;)

i will be introducing myself wo all of u, in the main auditorium on the first day all day hehehe... so hopefully u will enjoy our stupidness, fun and FAIRY FLOSS :) YUMMMMMMMMMMMOOOOOOOO and fingerscrossed its hot we also will have snow cones ;) YUMMMMMMMMMOO again hehehe

RELAX enjy ur holidays ;) CRY 3 WEEKS LEFT hehehe.. but u really and truely have gotten ito the BEST univeristy EVER!!!!

another thing if ur interested in DRAMA and have talent SIGN UP... there will be lots of sign up sheets for everything like sport, creative arts, etc... so get involved ;) dont be shy... and if u are we promise u wont be after a few days at ACU STRATHFIELD :)

HUGS TO ALL
PARTAY HARD!!!

ACU_chicka

HSC
hey again..... if u didnt understand my last message BIGGEST APOLOGIES..... i just re read what i wrote and i was confused.. hahaha... if u have n e questions ask me ;)

that comment about sydney uni.. i meant we r nothing like that. THST UNI IS HUGE and if ur that type of person who would like to make friends for life, sociable, and likes to enjoy where u r and study... ACU is the place for u ;)

REMEMBER "U" put the "U" in A C U !!!!! WOOHOO

rego2

HSC
Hey ACU_Chicka could you please tell me what are the ratio of male to female at strathfield campus and is their any asian there at all??

ACU_chicka

HSC
hey,

The ratio girls to boys i greater... so there r a lot more girls in the teaching courses... but there r more guys in the exercise science degree.... although there r a lot more girls than guys... we still have awesome guys at our uni ;)

there r a number of many different cultures at our uni..

Bree1987

Anarchronistic Enigma
HSC
ACU_chicka said:
HEY GUYS,

nothing to worry about... and yes everyone at ACU is fantastic and friendly.. i promise ;)

it is advised that u go everyday, but it is not compulsory (u didnt hear that from me) hehehe the first day however is a must Monday the 13th, as this is where u will get ur photo taken for uni card, plus get it on the spot... im hoping it will be first day... if plans change before we go ill let u all know....

on the first day u will go through uni tours, knowing the library having lectures for ur course, tellng u what is expected etc this will not go for long... when u get to uni u will know where to go because there will be lots of people there to help if u look or actually lost... but as u park ur car or get dropped off, or come from whereever, u will ssee a long line full of new students like urself, getting NAME TAGS :) this will all be explained to u once u arrive... so if ur the first to arrive we will look after u..... and dont worry we will be there from 500am if not earlier.. so u wont be isolated hehehe...

u guys will be soooooo fine ;) trust me, ACU is more of a friendly high school environment n e ways more than a SYDNEY UNI like atmosphere, where u meet a new face everyday.. acu u will get to know a lot of people if not EVERYONE on campus ;)
remember to be urself, have fun... and enjoy it ;)

if u do need help with n e thing... dont hesitate to ask ;)

i will be introducing myself wo all of u, in the main auditorium on the first day all day hehehe... so hopefully u will enjoy our stupidness, fun and FAIRY FLOSS :) YUMMMMMMMMMMMOOOOOOOO and fingerscrossed its hot we also will have snow cones ;) YUMMMMMMMMMOO again hehehe

RELAX enjy ur holidays ;) CRY 3 WEEKS LEFT hehehe.. but u really and truely have gotten ito the BEST univeristy EVER!!!!

another thing if ur interested in DRAMA and have talent SIGN UP... there will be lots of sign up sheets for everything like sport, creative arts, etc... so get involved ;) dont be shy... and if u are we promise u wont be after a few days at ACU STRATHFIELD :)

HUGS TO ALL
PARTAY HARD!!!
============================
thanks for that i feel much more at ease knowing there are nice people like you around hehe
not long now!

ACU_chicka

HSC
OH TAHNK YOU BABES :) hugs to all

i was at uni today, filling ur showbags for orientation today hahaha.. a lot of stuff that u will probably not bother with, but u know those bands that either r or were in recently haha well we have AUSTRALIAN CATHOLIC UNIVERSITY ones ;) theyre red... u will like im wearing mine now hahaha.. also umm?? cans of zero coke YUCk hehe but theyre the lil cute ones... lolies and choccys.. informetion for buses and trains.. stuff like that....

and ill see ya next monday the 13th if u can only make it one day or just want to come one day come on MONDAY!!!!!!

hugs to all new and old ACU STUDENTS WE ROCK :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)