Worried about Transport (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

locu64

HSC
N/A
If you're worried about travel go to the local UWS.

You'll have to take a train from Paramatta to Central (half an hour+) then catch a bus (11 minutes+) Your average journey will probably be in the order of 50 minutes.

The trains are busy and so are the buses during peak times (9am class starts)

FAR MAYBE, be thankful you dont live out Campbelltown way!

Personally if I had the choice all over again i'd fuck off unsw and go to sydney/uts/something with less travel. IT ZAPS YOU LIKE A MOTHERFUCKER. Also note that unsw is 90% international students.

ace

is retired
HSC
Ok, in answering this, im taking these assumptions;

- Your referring to UNSW - Kensington (the main campus), not the other campus's or COFA.
- You live basically next to Parramatta Station, like you can literally see if from your house.

Now to the time calculations;

- Train from Parramatta to Central (30mins - 40min), depends on the train, some trains stop dead on lines for 5-10 minutes on the journey to let other trains pass. So just assume 30minutes here.

- Express 891 bus to UNSW - 15minutes to 20minutes (bad peak hour)

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

So say on average, you do this;
walk to parramatta station; 5min
hop on a train; 30min
hop on a bus; 15min

total time: 50min

*does not include waiting time for either train of bus, those factors can exponentially increase predicted total time of travel.

-----------------
Cityrail, parra to central
HTML:
http://www.cityrail.nsw.gov.au/timetable/ttable.jsp?line=ns&day=wd&dir=dn&page=09

Side note for LOCU64

UNSW IS NOT 90% INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
FOR BUS:

L20 (which is great and fast) to Town Hall

Walk to Central Station (not far, just walk along george st)

Catch the special bus to unsw:D

DaRanjed

Thanks for the help!
:D
So..I guess it'd take me a hour to get there.

I'd prefer to go to Sydney or UTS but I haven't got the UAI to do what I want there.

Acid

HSC
How do i get there from Bondi? Just catch the 400?

mr_shittles

Big Chief
HSC
"Also note that unsw is 90% international students."

I think the figure for international students at UNSW is closer to around 30-40% than 90% as suggested, though it does look higher since there are lots of Australian students of Asian background (for the record, they are not classed as being "international students" since they are AUSTRALIAN). However, UNSW does have one of the highest proportions of international students among the Australian universities. This is not unusual for such a leading university as UNSW.
(The situation is similar for the leading universities in any English-speaking country).

Affinity

HSC
as they say "There are lies, damn lies and statistics"
deranged: be thankful you're not living in blacktown/penrith or even (I heard someone) katoomba

Last edited:

locu64

HSC
N/A
saves.the.day said:
Yes I really like it when ignorant people just make up statistics about unis. Thankyou very much. Thankyou.
Have you ever been to a Discrete Maths class? I made that consensus from when leaving some classes, it feels like being in Hong Kong rather then say Australia.

sunny

meh.
HSC
locu64 said:
Have you ever been to a Discrete Maths class? I made that consensus from when leaving some classes, it feels like being in Hong Kong rather then say Australia.
Yes, I have been to a Discrete Maths class, and probably more classes than you have been to. When you see an Asian person it doesn't automatically mean they are an interational student.

Great to know you base your observation on a Discrete Maths class. Bravo.

Until you actually interview every single student in UNSW and find the actual statistic is 90%, please shut your face.

locu64

HSC
N/A
sunny said:
Yes, I have been to a Discrete Maths class, and probably more classes than you have been to. When you see an Asian person it doesn't automatically mean they are an interational student.
Well no shit! I did go to school in bankstown

Great to know you base your observation on a Discrete Maths class. Bravo.
IT WAS A JOKE. It seems that even the slightest jeer sets you political correctness bastards off. I MADE A SIMPLE SARCASTIC OBSERVATION.

Until you actually interview every single student in UNSW and find the actual statistic is 90%, please shut your face.
I WAS NOT BEING SERIOUS WITH THAT REMARK. I don't have a problem with them, get off your high horse.

Last edited by a moderator:

sunny

meh.
HSC
This is not an issue you should be joking about, especially in a place where people that have just finished the HSC are expecting real advice.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)