worst...exam...ever (1 Viewer)

sunny

meh.
HSC
Yea I got 92 in the trials and it was a mix of the Independent and the CSSA one. I'm hoping for around 85 to low 90s for this one...

But I gotta admit, the evolution of programming languages was alot shorter than the other option! Plus the evol one was almost textbook regurgitation!

I had no idea about the classes things as well, I just wrote down some variables that seemed to be passed from the terminals!

My algorithms were about 2 pages as well...

blah

I am blah
HSC
the three classes that i thought were passed were the ones after the 3 different READ functions.

i dunno i was panicking

Ace-Pilot

Originally posted by CharlieBob

Did anyone else think question 17 had nothing at all to do with the SDD Course????????
might be the subject not included
Question 17 was actually part of the course.
You know how in software when ever u gonna enter a development stage they say "whats the most important thing u gotta consider ?" and then the answer would be always to "solve the initial problem".

Well in this case we got a photographer who wants to buy (whatever) so here is the problem. Then they are trying to find out what u think would be most relevant to solve the problem. In this case it would be "A.)IT will process digital images" coz it solves the initial problem.

Winsux

i put c) probably cause i do IT aswell, so you need proper maintenance etc for it

Winsux

for question 23a) i basically said there was no error handling if the wroing message header was read, so i put one in. i was working on that bit for ages, cause there was no obvious error, apart from that one. although i can hardly believe those remote computers would enter anything else but the 'EVENT' and 'TICKET'

i put c as well
becoz c would mean that it's a more reliable product.

most of the multiple choice questions are like...u ahve to guess between 2 choice.

for 23a, initially i said the system is turned off so data cannot be retrieved,
but then the question says that when a ticket sells successful, then print date and stuff.
however in this algorithm even if they enter not event or ticket, it still prints date and time.
so ........
that's the problem i identified

there are 3 problems int he algorithms though.

but i didn't do that desk check question,,there goes 3 marks down the drain even though i know what the problems are and still didn't write them..
ssshit.

Winsux

no, it won't print i dont think, it'll just keep looping indefinately, so jam the system. to print, it has to get into ProcessTicket, which it can't if the message isn't 'TICKET'

LiL_FiLo

i sed dat it doesnt test the boolean variable 'systemstatus', so it jus retreives the data outta the file regardless of the file name, the only time that variable is tested is when the loop starts agen, but it has already been processed, ?

blah

I am blah
HSC
the first class i thought was LastEventNumber so i put integer

the second class i thought was SystemDate and SystemTime, i put integer (didnt really kno)

the third class i thought was MessageHeader so i put string

sunny

meh.
HSC
At first I thought it was LastEventNumber too, but if you look further down into the algorithm LastEventNumber is stored locally and not sent from the terminals, in line 21.

So I ended up putting SystemDate, SystemTime and MessageHeader and all three as strings. And kinda justified it by saying the date and time need dashes like in 2-11-2002 to represent a date and AM/PM to represent a time.

Winsux

yeah, i think i did something like that too, but you don't know if it reads the time and date off the main computer...once again its to ambiguous

blah

I am blah
HSC
nooooo..

1 thing is for sure sunny u bloody aced it alrite

hk*star

i hate sdd! i hate it!! i hate it!! i hate it!!!
and the board was complaning that not enougn students were getting into the top bands
so what do they do make the exam even bloody harder
good one!!:chainsaw:

blah

I am blah
HSC
i was thinking sumthing like

02112002 for date and
1300 for time like in 24 hour

but i dun think it works :\

sunny

meh.
HSC
The time would work, but the date wouldn't fit in an integer.

blah

I am blah
HSC
bah i get u nvm :((((

Last edited:

smithy

Am i led to believe that there is actually a data type which handles dates/times- i learnt it in the preliminary course

sunny

meh.
HSC
Not a normal data type I don't think....there should only be simple ones like real, integer, character and boolean, then structured ones like string, records, array of records and files.

I thought that integers were only -32766 to 32767 (so 8 digits for a date won't fit in it). Or am I thinking VB specific?

saladsurgery

kicking the cack
HSC
you had to code your own sort.
BASTARDS!!! THAT WASN'T IN THE SYLLABUS!!

ah well i got half a bubble sort out in the last 2 minutes

it was an ok exam i s'pose, glad i didn't do option 2... q25 = 3 pages, q24 = 1/2 a page...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)