Worst Mistakes You've Made At Work (1 Viewer)

denise_

So fetch!
HSC
Bob.J said:
did all these guys come out of nowhere and start rubbing themselves on the floor?
hahaha with bits of glass stuck on their backs?

alby

cool duckie
HSC
denise_ said:
accidently dropped a limited edition 275ml bottle of Giorgio Armani's Acqua Di Gio splat on a tiled floor. it broke into pieces leaving the place smelling like the fragrance for hours. =/
"its a new air freshener we're trying out....it smells pretty good doesnt it:p"

the worst one i can think of was having a (then) 6 month old kid roll off a bed whilst i was babysitting him (this was like last month, my more regular job). it freaked the shit out of me. his mum was still in the house, so she just comforted both of us. i didnt get in crap because it'd happened to her like a week before...but i've learnt my lesson about leaving him on higher surfaces without any protection around him

Gilbert1

Humoures Pun
HSC
First shift at work and I dropped a whole shit load of food all over the floor during peak time in perfect view of everyone in the store to see and behold. Stayed there for 18months afyterwards so i must have done something right

Divzorz

HSC
someone asked for $500 cash out

i forgot i had recently done my pickup and had about 2 $50 notes.

needless to say, i called someone and the poor customer sat there for 20mins while we counted out coins, turns out i had around $510 in my till.

it looked pretty suss when i took out my till. only had a few dollar coins and some cents :S

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
you could've borrowed 500 from another till and paid them back...

I wouldnt accept 500 cash out in coins and a few notes!!!!!!

denise_

So fetch!
HSC
Sarah168 said:
you could've borrowed 500 from another till and paid them back...

I wouldnt accept 500 cash out in coins and a few notes!!!!!!
yeah neither would i. you've got to be kidding me $500 in coins, absolutely rediculous.

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
on my first shift at maccas, i tried to empty a bag of fries into the fry machine, missed, and instead emptied them all over my head and the floor (I was a shortarse). That same shift, i didn't put a lid on a coke properly and spilt it all over a lady as I handed it to her (the first customer i ever served). I would also do stuff, such as asking customers on the drive thru if it was "to have here or takeaway" after being on the front counter for ages, or vice versa "drive through thanks!" after serving someone on front counter. its a monotonous robot job, ok. most people didint even notice.
at the last cafe i worked at i forgot to turn off foccacia grill on close and it was on all night, my boss wanted to kill me.

jooobl

crazy cat lady
HSC
Ranger Stacie said:
on my first shift at maccas, i tried to empty a bag of fries into the fry machine, missed, and instead emptied them all over my head and the floor (I was a shortarse). That same shift, i didn't put a lid on a coke properly and spilt it all over a lady as I handed it to her (the first customer i ever served). I would also do stuff, such as asking customers on the drive thru if it was "to have here or takeaway" after being on the front counter for ages, or vice versa "drive through thanks!" after serving someone on front counter. its a monotonous robot job, ok. most people didint even notice.
at the last cafe i worked at i forgot to turn off foccacia grill on close and it was on all night, my boss wanted to kill me.

lmao at drivethrough

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
iamsickofyear12 said:
Did people laugh at you? I would of.

Suprisngly, no one has ever noticed. people pay like no attention to checkout chicks. i've told people to drive through when they are ordering on the counter and they said "ok, bye".
Once I even accidently asked a guy on drive thru if he wanted eat in or takeaway, and he stopped, thought about it for a while and then said eat in. lol. i shrugged, gave him his change and he drove through. I didn't do it THAT much though, just once in a blue moon.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
Ranger Stacie said:
haha and you still havent been fired yet
good work

lengy

HSC
Worst mistake was doing what I was actually paid for.

pete_mate

HSC
after demo-ing a stereo system using a cd, i then sold that display model, packed up in box witht he cd still inside.

not that bad, but funny at least

P

pLuvia

When doing the lottery I accidently printed out a lotto ticket with a sticker (from a new roll) on the barcode bit which is used to scan the lotto if it wins or not. And wasn't able to cancel the ticket. Also losing $40 in one day ;)

chelzmalee

death by pastry
HSC
When I worked for a restaurant I was delivering a big tray of drinks and as I'm putting them down the tray overbalanced and I dropped a full can of coke down a girls back. Oops.

Also dropped a full bowl of soup onto the tiles- luckily it was right outside the kitchen so no-one saw me.

And in my current job I started a new tenancy (in the computer system) a week late, so the tenants ended up getting a week's free rent. Landlord was very unimpressed.

HSC
i'm in the shit at the moment for lying to the general manager to save a fellow staff members ass.

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
alby said:
"its a new air freshener we're trying out....it smells pretty good doesnt it:p"

the worst one i can think of was having a (then) 6 month old kid roll off a bed whilst i was babysitting him (this was like last month, my more regular job). it freaked the shit out of me. his mum was still in the house, so she just comforted both of us. i didnt get in crap because it'd happened to her like a week before...but i've learnt my lesson about leaving him on higher surfaces without any protection around him

heh i had a few stuff ups babysitting too. on my first time babysitting, one of the kids let their new puppy in the house (where he wasnt allowed) who promptly relieved himself all over their carpet. I had NO idea what to do and I rang my mum, who calmly told me to put newspaper over it and leave it. Which I did.

the next time i babysat for those kids i overcooked their oven bake pizza and fed it to them anyway because i couldnt find the toaster. or bread. or anything to feed them. So these poor toddlers sat there munching on burnt pizza saying "you know, it doesent taste like this, when mummy cooks!"

when they mucked up i threatened i would call their mum, and they called my bluff so i picked up the phone but accidently dialled the number of some man on auto dial and then hung it up, and didnt realise for half an hour when i walked past the phone and heard a faint whistling, and realised that they thought they were being prank called and were whistling into the phone! that same night the 3 year old managed to collect all the phones in the house and hide them under her pillow because she was terrified id ring her mum and she would get in big trouble. i didnt find them until i tucked her into bed.

Once i left the room to check on their dinner and in the space of 30 seconds they had managed to find permanent textas and draw all over their arms and legs. When I came in they cheerfully told me they were writing their name. I couldnt get it off, either. That was the most pissed off their mum ever got.

Nashie

Ace up my sleeve
HSC
Well just today I "added some character" to a $899 coffee table, for those of you not in know, adding some character in the furniture business means I damaged it.
Using a $4000 3 seater lounge, I ran into said coffee table and it hurt, making me monetarily drop the lounge, which luckily I caught before it smashed the coffee table to pieces....

Boss was not impressed, but he still bought me lunch, and I still spent the next 7 hours moving lounges!

In the past, on my first day, while trying to impress everyone with my sales abilities I sold a lamp table with a lounge, I sold the lamp table for 90% off... then boss was not impressed to sya the least.. (I put the discount in the percentage part instead of the dollars part

ps. come see me for a character dented coffee table
mention this post and get 5% surcharge

alby

cool duckie
HSC
Ranger Stacie said:
heh i had a few stuff ups babysitting too. on my first time babysitting, one of the kids let their new puppy in the house (where he wasnt allowed) who promptly relieved himself all over their carpet. I had NO idea what to do and I rang my mum, who calmly told me to put newspaper over it and leave it. Which I did.

the next time i babysat for those kids i overcooked their oven bake pizza and fed it to them anyway because i couldnt find the toaster. or bread. or anything to feed them. So these poor toddlers sat there munching on burnt pizza saying "you know, it doesent taste like this, when mummy cooks!"

when they mucked up i threatened i would call their mum, and they called my bluff so i picked up the phone but accidently dialled the number of some man on auto dial and then hung it up, and didnt realise for half an hour when i walked past the phone and heard a faint whistling, and realised that they thought they were being prank called and were whistling into the phone! that same night the 3 year old managed to collect all the phones in the house and hide them under her pillow because she was terrified id ring her mum and she would get in big trouble. i didnt find them until i tucked her into bed.

Once i left the room to check on their dinner and in the space of 30 seconds they had managed to find permanent textas and draw all over their arms and legs. When I came in they cheerfully told me they were writing their name. I couldnt get it off, either. That was the most pissed off their mum ever got.
there's a lot of talent right there...add the maccas stuff ups in and i'd tell you you were my hero! lol all hail queen stacie!
babysitting stuff ups are the funniest if the kids are older than about 3 (any younger and there could be serious accidents)
i remember smashing one of those glass water bottles that people use in their fridge, all over tiles...that took ages. luckily the kids were asleep before then
i've had to ask mum to come over and help me deal with a pair of 14month old twins who were a bit and just wouldnt sleep....the parents had assured me they were good kids. speaking of which, i havent heard from that family since

word of advice to anyone attempting babysitting jobs: grumpy/sick babysitter + any kids = a fair bit of trouble
i'm just lucky that i have a mate who's willing to cover me if i feel really sick and dont wanna sit...or just cant make it

Last edited:

mmm_sofay

time to pretend
HSC
i spilt ground coffee all over the floor.
it was used coffee
as in i was going to clean out the coffee machine and put the coffee holder thingy on the tray and it fell on the floor, so hot grinded coffee spilt everywhere.

selling drinks for less then RRP.

breaking the bench and spilling a bucket of onions all over the floor.

dropping pie lids all over the floor.

on my way to work, some cunt pulled out at a stop sign, car i was in smashed into other car.
i was wearing my work shirt, and i had to go to hospital and got my work shirt cut off me. work shirt not fixable.
and some woman at the scene of the accident called my friend 20mins after i was suppossed to start work to let work know i wouldnt be coming in for a few weeks.
this was in january. i still havent been back to work.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)