Worst thing you can do at uni (1 Viewer)

hamsterMan

HSC
Worst thing you can do at uni is choose a course you are not interested or good at then scrape by by copying other people's work for 3/4 years to graduate with a degree you no nothing about. Yes this happens, to friends of mine in particular, they graduate and they have no interest in the course what so ever. So they have wasted 3/4 years of their life. They can't get a job in this field because they know absolutely nothing, even if they did get a job they would be fired very quickly.

My advice quit early if you find you have no interest in the coures whatsoever!

Last edited:

Ziff

HSC
N/A
Pissing on the Vice-Chancellor might also be a bad idea.

Last edited:

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
the lecturers, I dont think anyone would.

hamsterMan

HSC
I passed my final year of uni without going 1 lecture, or maybe i went to 1, 2 max!

santaslayer

HSC
What if you are really interested in the course but absoulotley loathe the assingments and exams? Do you have a soloution for me? :p

hamsterMan

HSC
If you are really interested in the course how can you loathe the assignments? exams are understandable nobody likes them!

baby_mulanz

so bored ~ sleepy
i'm not sure about uni, but i remember from hs. Writing swear words on your exam paper is not a good idea.

Lundy

Banned
HSC
I think it's possible to like a course but loathe the work. I love history, I think it's fascinating, but really...I fucking hate writing essays. I'd much rather read a book about it.

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
I know precisely what you mean. HSC Modern History was the biggest mistake of high school (even more so than Preliminary Music II).

Luckily for me science has a lot of lab work, which though often tedious, gives you something better to do than endless reports. Plus it forces you to understand what's going on.

santaslayer

HSC
If you can't blow up toads and pour acid on frogs to observe the aftereffects then it aint called science.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Lexicographer said:
Luckily for me science has a lot of lab work, which though often tedious, gives you something better to do than endless reports. Plus it forces you to understand what's going on.
Same here...although the endless lab reports that follow the lab work can get a little stressful at times...I mean, really, who the f**k cares about "the effect of salinity on the fertilisation and development of the polychaete galeolaria caespitosa"? Certainly not me! But yet I was forced to care...hmm...

honky tonk

in Miracle World
HSC
hipsta_jess said:
Same here...although the endless lab reports that follow the lab work can get a little stressful at times...I mean, really, who the f**k cares about "the effect of salinity on the fertilisation and development of the polychaete galeolaria caespitosa"? Certainly not me! But yet I was forced to care...hmm...
You remembered to italicise the Latin! 10 points!

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
honky tonk said:
You remembered to italicise the Latin! 10 points!
Gary would be proud, perhaps his endless ramblings have sunk in at least slightly :p

hamsterMan

HSC
Lexicographer said:
I know precisely what you mean. HSC Modern History was the biggest mistake of high school (even more so than Preliminary Music II).
That was my biggest mistake too! I got really high scores in 11 for history even full marks on same eassays, so I thought great I'll do history in year 12. They changed the teacher and it was all over! :eek:

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
My marks always peaked at "decent" and sank to fail. I love history, it is interesting and inspiring, but I just can't write history for monkeynuts.

I'll stick to reading it. :)

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Lundy said:
I think it's possible to like a course but loathe the work. I love history, I think it's fascinating, but really...I fucking hate writing essays. I'd much rather read a book about it.
Also, some people may really enjoy listening to the subject but are just lazy and can't be bothered to do any work:p.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)