Worth combining my communications degree with law? (1 Viewer)

rooster1908

HSC
I'm pretty much set on doing a BA Communication (Public Communication) at UTS, but I was wondering whether people think it would be worth combining it with a B Law. Jobs in creative advertising are supposed to be ridiculously competitive and the salaries are very low so I figure if i combine it with law that will give me more options to perhaps seek employment in something like entertainment law. Is this a wise choice?

Last edited:

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
I don't see why not. :)

If you're somewhat interested in law, go for it. :)

hungwell1337

HSC
N/A
1. if jobs are ridiculously competitive with a very low salary, are you sure you want to get into something like this? considering the degree you are doing does not equip you with real, hard skills you can sell

2. do these roles require a working knowledge of law? otherwise you are essentially giving up 2 years of your life, 16k, opportunity cost from not working for 3 letters "LLB" on your resume

3. if creative advertising is something you want to get involved with, sideways entry/internal transfer is probably easier. If so, law might help, but commerce will probably be more beneficial. Westpac has a marketing team, of around 50, of which around 5 people are involved with designing campaigns, rest are analysts but work closely with the team that does the designs etc

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)