Worth getting tutoring for English? (1 Viewer)

Coookies

HSC
Id say yes. English is a very opinion based subject so having another qualified opinion wouldn't hurt. But get private because then they can focus on what you do, not like a tutoring centre.

Magical Kebab

HSC
Id say yes. English is a very opinion based subject so having another qualified opinion wouldn't hurt. But get private because then they can focus on what you do, not like a tutoring centre.
Hmmm. But couldnt u just use your teachers help? I mean, English is just practice, ur not learning anything 'big'.

delian

HSC
N/A
You can ask your teacher for help.
If they're busy, maybe a one-to-one tutor would be best (tailored to your individuals needs, and more personalised feedback)

Demento1

Philosopher.
HSC
English is a subject where you're either good or not. Identify your position first is what I would suggest. Ask yourself if YOU believe you have the potential to do well in English by yourself. If you're cynical, then it would be recommended to get yourself a private tutor.

Also, some teachers such as those in my school are very willing to help read your work before hand in and to go over what you should do to maximise your performance in English. Perhaps you could ask your teacher if she does any of that sort of stuff.

Coookies

HSC
Hmmm. But couldnt u just use your teachers help? I mean, English is just practice, ur not learning anything 'big'.
I see it as you get a third opinion, so your response is different from your class mates. I think more than half my class does tutoring.

cobRAJ

HSC
It is more about learning how to properly answer the question, and learning how to adapt it to any possible question.

beachee99

HSC
Teachers simply don't have the time to give you in-depth analysis and mark a whole bunch of practices. A class of even only 20 ... when trials come around in year 12 no teacher is willing to mark the 4 separate essays involved for every student. A tutor also provides tailored solutions for how you can study best or stuff like that. I'd say get english tutoring if you think your teacher is falling short with your individual requirements.

cobRAJ

HSC
Teachers simply don't have the time to give you in-depth analysis and mark a whole bunch of practices. A class of even only 20 ... when trials come around in year 12 no teacher is willing to mark the 4 separate essays involved for every student. A tutor also provides tailored solutions for how you can study best or stuff like that. I'd say get english tutoring if you think your teacher is falling short with your individual requirements.
*Five essays, don't forget about Creative Writing lol :p

delian

HSC
N/A
+1

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)