wot if ur sick and u have an exam? (1 Viewer)

Chang

HSC
Well currently im sick with tonsilitis, and as a result i have a sore throat, fever and increased phlem. I have an exam tommorrow and i dont feel as if i would be able to perform well under there conditions. Is it possible to be exepmt from an exam due to illness and wot procedure would i have to follow?

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
You probably need a medical certificate from your doctor, and then you will need to fill in a misadventure form. But this needs to be done either tomorrow or the day after (because your exam is tomorrow). If your still sick during the deferred exam period, then you can apply for special consideration.

Go here for Exam deferred / special consideration

I'm pretty sure that is what is needed to be done. I might be wrong though.

Jacks

HSC
no you're right cape, what you need to do is apply for a Deferred Examination. You have to fill in an Application for Deferred Examination and lodge it at any student centre before 5.00pm on the 2nd working day after your scheduled exam.

You can find the application form online at the following URL:

http://sites.uws.edu.au/students/admin/forms/current_forms/Final Exam Deferred Special 0605 web.pdf

It's the same as the form cape directed you to. Anyways the form explains the policy involved...you will need a medical certificate which you can lodge with the form...

btw just so you know deferred examinations will be held on Parramatta Campus from 19 July to 22 July and once you submit the form you will receive a letter in the post about the outcome of your application, and it will tell you whether or not your application was successful. If it is successful you will be able to access your exam time, the same way as you normally would. This will be available to you no later than 3 days before the exam period starts.

Last edited:

krisk85

Random
HSC
N/A
one day he sleeps in, other day he has cancer of the brain.. lol

geeezz.. ur either very unlucky OR your always making excuses for not doing ur exams... good luck.. im getting the feeling u might need it...
tell me how it goes.. i wanna c how this all turns out

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
I have an exam tomorrow. Not looking forward to it. Its going to be dark, cold and wet. Atleast I am getting a lift to Richmond, and the car has a heater :D lol.

Exams aren't THAT bad - you'll have to do them eventually.

krisk85

Random
HSC
N/A
cape no no wait your sick!! you gota take it off and do the deffered exam!! you cant do the exam first time.. its .. un australian..

chang has started the trend you must follow! for uncle sam!!

klh

HSC
the sickness must be severe enough for you to not be able to think properly or the circumstances to be "unusual or afffective" i think...
Ive finished my exams, its all good, i wrote less on my last question but oh well, youve got to do the exam or you wont pass the unit will ya?

lol @ the groans and the yay.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Exam at 8:30am this morning *yawns*

Didn't sleep at all last night *yawns*

I failed *damn*

Chang

HSC
Oh just to tell you what happened, i did the exam as normal and probaly went shit. As i entered to room i told my lecturer and i gave him a medical certificate the other day. He told me when i gave it to him, if im gonna fail they will look into my note, if i pass the course successfully they'll just ignore it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)