Would I be to achieve at least close to 85 based on my half yearly rankings (1 Viewer)

ScxLore1216

HSC
As the title states, my rankings are so poor and my trial marks.

Half-yearly rankings:
Eng std = 170/193
Adv Math = 30/98
3u math = 36/51
Chem = 26/54
Phys = 22/33
Eco = 15/22

Trials:
Eng Std 50% :skull face:
2u Math: 62% also :skull face:
3u math: 49/70
chem: 75%
phys: 60%
eco: 58% :skull face: also

I wanted to aim for b5 for most of my subjects as much as possible. Unfortunately, I won't be able to due to my poor rankings.
would I still achieve somewhere close to 85-90. I did some raw mark calc and estimates and based on the 2022 scaling - I am expected to get a 63.30 ATAR. I think its due to my school being ranked 250-300 in SW syd

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Your half-yearly ranks and your trial marks (which also provide an indication of your ranks) do not seem to be particularly great and it is likely that you will not be able to achieve favourable Assessment Marks (internal marks, which contribute 50% of your overall HSC marks). Your school rank does not help either, as maximising your Assessment Marks at a school ranked 250-300 would generally require relatively higher ranks (as opposed to higher-ranked schools, where your ranks may contribute to higher Assessment Marks).

While your position is likely unfavourable across your subjects, I think that you should not give up. If the answer to your question depended solely on your internal performance, then it would have simply been "It is unlikely that you can achieve an ATAR close to 85-90". However, this is not the case, as there is another 50% yet to be determined through your performance in your HSC exams. Based on this, your HSC exams constitute a great opportunity for you to potentially make a comeback.

It is uncertain whether you can still achieve an ATAR as high as 90, although you can likely still achieve an ATAR close to or within the 80-85 range. With that being said, you must do your utmost to prepare for your HSC exams, since you need to achieve the highest possible Examination Marks (HSC exam marks) to maximise your chances of achieving an ATAR in or close to this range.

I hope this helps! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)