Would i receive bonus marks for going to this disadvantaged school lmao ? (1 Viewer)

D94

HSC
N/A
Why do they need to be published to exist lele?
Surely BOSTES/UAC has some sort of ranking list internally (perhaps not based on the same criteria as SMH)
I would assume they would analyse year-by-year results and compare schools to identify under performing schools
Sure, they don't need to be published, but if you read above, it's quite obvious people are referring to the SMH rankings, which in that case, is definitely not official. The distinction needs to be made clear.

Anyway, UAC mentions the criteria here: http://www.uac.edu.au/documents/eas/S01E.pdf

Under performing schools are not the same as disadvantaged schools. An extremely crap cohort that is in a wealthy area, with high household income and a plethora of resources, would be considered under performing. But they are certainly not disadvantaged.

Here's a map of the NSW schools: https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zl0MBQerFLAQ.krmrNV9xI-MA&usp=sharing

Last edited:
HSC
N/A
well, there is a school on that list that is maybe 2km-3km away from my school
ive been there before and have friends there
in terms of facilities its basically identical, theirs are probably a bit better

mines is a selective school, and theirs isnt - but if academics don't matter
why isn't my school on the list?
Selective schools comprise of people from higher socioeconomic backgrounds than your local public school,to say the least.

Error404

HSC
What criteria does the school have to meet to be on that list? It cant be rank coz malek fahd and canley vale are both in top 100 and they're both on their, whereas my school isn't
The school went from 9th to 100th...

I don't think its bs at all, my school is also on the list but it is a disadvantaged school in terms of finance and the location.
Malek Fahd closing down due to financial problems so... I wonder how the year 12's are gonna do their hsc?

Yeah it's not rank but I believed it's based primarily on schools in the inner-west region with large number of students from non-english backgrounds and families on welfare assistance.
Yh pretty much.

baktiar77

HSC
The school went from 9th to 100th...
Malek Fahd closing down due to financial problems so... I wonder how the year 12's are gonna do their hsc?
Well that's what happens when you have revolving door of principals and cohort that has increased threefold since 2011. MFIS used to rank highly as they managed to keep cohort sizes low and kicked out all the low-performing students in year 10. They still do that but not at the extreme lengths of previous administration.

Yeah the year 12s are coping, well at least my class is. School continues as normal although we fear teacher exodus (the student exodus for lower grades has begun in the earnest). The school hasn't shut down yet and has funding for a term at least and there's still a glimmer of hope of an appeal being successful. The only positive is extra bonus points but then again most of the smarter kids want to get in courses that don't accept any bonus points.

RyanT7

HSC
Well that's what happens when you have revolving door of principals and cohort that has increased threefold since 2011. MFIS used to rank highly as they managed to keep cohort sizes low and kicked out all the low-performing students in year 10. They still do that but not at the extreme lengths of previous administration.

Yeah the year 12s are coping, well at least my class is. School continues as normal although we fear teacher exodus (the student exodus for lower grades has begun in the earnest). The school hasn't shut down yet and has funding for a term at least and there's still a glimmer of hope of an appeal being successful. The only positive is extra bonus points but then again most of the smarter kids want to get in courses that don't accept any bonus points.
You brought up the bonus points, does this mean you are going to apply for EAS as well ?

Error404

HSC

Yeah mainly G1 and B1 but most of them left to Alpha Omega, Al Noori or Al Faisal (Al Faisal is MFIS 2.0, like MFIS back in the day they kick out and don't accept B2, B3, G2, G3 and have MFIS' previous crazy principal.)
People I know go to MFIS and say that the school is just terrible now...

Last edited:

itswags98

HSC
My school is on that list. Does that mean I get an extra 2 bonus atar points when I apply for a degree after getting my atar or do I have to do something to get it?

RyanT7

HSC
My school is on that list. Does that mean I get an extra 2 bonus atar points when I apply for a degree after getting my atar or do I have to do something to get it?
http://www.uac.edu.au/eas/how-to-apply.shtml

You need to apply, but where did you get 2 from ? As far as I am aware, the number of points you get is not certain

edit : Does anyone know approx how many points UNSW would give for a socio-economic disadvantaged school ?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)