would it be realistic to get a timetable for b science first year that was afternoons (1 Viewer)

livingthedream

HSC
i have to support myself so work 5-12 mon-fri
would it be at all possible to get a timetable with earliest start times of 1pm??
thank you

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
Re: would it be realistic to get a timetable for b science first year that was aftern

lol usyd
probably not cos you can't make it yourself

seventhroot

gg no re
HSC
Re: would it be realistic to get a timetable for b science first year that was aftern

for science? lol nope

livingthedream

HSC

sigh :( not sure what to do
what about arts, master in nursing?

seventhroot

gg no re
HSC

generally (at UNSW at least) timetables aren't flexible; there are set lab times, tutorials etc.

you can try to organise times with your employer etc

livingthedream

HSC

what is your problem?? im just looking for a scientific career but i need to be able to pay rent, clothing, food etc now so im looing for a way to be able to do that and save.

seventhroot

gg no re
HSC

Just go to UNSW --> you can make your own timetable
this; I made a 2 day master race timetable :D

seventhroot

gg no re
HSC

what is your problem?? im just looking for a scientific career but i need to be able to pay rent, clothing, food etc now so im looing for a way to be able to do that and save.
I have no problem. Why so serious?

you can consider being a part time student

Amleops

Perpetual Student
HSC

i have to support myself so work 5-12 mon-fri
would it be at all possible to get a timetable with earliest start times of 1pm??
thank you
Unfortunately the majority of science units, and indeed many other non-science units as well, are taught in the mornings. You're really limiting yourself with university options if you're only looking for afternoon courses. If you are able to negotiate your hours so that you work in the afternoons and go to uni in the mornings, that would be ideal.

In the meantime, a lot of subjects record their lectures, which might help if you can't get there.

Amundies

Commander-in-Chief
HSC
Uni Grad

I'd also like to point out that contrary to what seventhroot and Adrita have been saying, you CAN in fact choose times that you don't want to be on campus just by ticking the boxes. E.g. if you don't want to have uni until 12 then you can tick each hour until 12 and the timetable system will allocate you classes if it's possible. The only thing different with the UNSW system is that with them you can actually choose which tutorial you want to be in, as opposed to usyd's system where you only choose times that you are available.

Amleops

Perpetual Student
HSC

Yes, so it achieves pretty similar results.

And if you check the times available for certain units here: https://web.timetable.usyd.edu.au, and use that to limit your availability accordingly, you can pretty much pick and choose whatever times you want.

pokka

d'ohnuts
HSC

it would be pretty hard to get just afternoons for timetable in b science ESPECIALLY first year where you'll most likely have full days

as someone mentioned above it's probably best to be a part time student and look at the timetabling unit and try to find units which have afternoon times

or you could be full time and just not go to your morning lectures but go to compulsory tutorials or pracs in the afternoons if you're that sort of person

JohnMaximus

shepherd of the people
HSC

you could be full time and just not go to your morning lectures but go to compulsory tutorials or pracs in the afternoons

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)