Would love some advice! (1 Viewer)

Randomboy

HSC
Hey guys a thanks in advanced for any help you can provide!

Im Yr 12, on track for a 95-98 ATAR in this years HSC. Possibly looking to go to Syd to do a B/Eng Aeronautical (space) if i get the marks or flexi entry, if not perhaps Aeronautical then i can transfer etc.

I know little to nothing about how the uni game works, (parents and older sister are morons) and to make matters worse, i missed the open day due to other commitments :(

Ive read all the UAC information on the courses more times than ive read my essays and been all over the faculty's website numerous times but questions still exsits;

Career opportunities for Aeronautical (space) in Syd, NSW, Australia ? If not, then where?

What this course is like at Syd?

Can this be a good stepping stone into research/development for the ADF for such field?

Please post as best as possible, this thread will literally choose my life path.
Im toying between doing this or joining the ADF as a rifleman (dont ask, something i really want to do).

Or is this the right path all together? Im very interested in weapon based rockets delivery systems, high explosives ornaments - pretty much bombs. Im not some crazed pyro maniac either, these areas of science just fascinate me.

Anyway if u still dont think im crazy and would like to give any sort of advice, i thank you again.

-Matt

Last edited:

SIT

HSC
N/A
A good combination to consider is a combined 5 year degree in BE/BSc. An Aeronuatical or Aerospace in Engineering and Computer Science as a major in BSc. All modern planes (like the A380) are effectively "flying computers."

Combining engineering with computer science is an extremely rewarding combination.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)